ID:1144282

Resolved
BYOND Version:498.1168
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 24.0.1312.56
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Copied from beta testers forum.

Descriptive Problem Summary:When clicking the featured game of the month, ASCII, the name displayed in the tab is Magicsofa.ASCII, and the game information will not appear to load on its own.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Open the BYOND pager.
2) Navigate to the Home tab.
3) Click on Ascii in the featured game box.
4) Observe magicsofa.ascii being displayed as the name, and the information on the game not loading.

Expected Results: For Ascii to display as the game name and for the game information to load correctly.

Actual Results: The name is displayed as magicsofa.ascii and does not load game information correctly.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Unknown.
In other user accounts? Untested.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur? The problem can be corrected by favoring Ascii, which will result in it appearing as expected, including in additional attempts, unless the user directory is cleared. It is currently not clear if this is caused by being a featured game, or if this occurs with other games in general.

Workarounds: Add Ascii to your favorites.

As another temporary workaround, It appears you can view these games by using the lookup feature, but as opposed to using just the game name, using the author.gamename format makes them appear. Such as looking up Falacy.Desertdefenders, or Fugsnarf.0bitadventure.
CandlelitGames.LegendsOnline doesn't show up in sort by date list.
I'd like to note that Crusaders Cavern appears fine in my Recent games, so clearly the info for it is there...
This appears to be related to the games having shown up in the list recently. We do not yet have the daily db query to update the list, so this is a temporary beta issue.
The daily update will refresh this now, so I expect most of these issues should be completely moot tomorrow. For the time being I'll list this as verified.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Verified'
Tom resolved issue