Hazordhu

by F0lak
Hazordhu
Explore a vast open world full of dangers and wonders
ID:114664

Greetings fans and interested readers. I am here today to speak to you about Hazordhu II.

For the past while, Hazordhu has been taking the backburner in my life. What with work and the other trials of life, I hadn't had a lot of time to work on it. But, that's changed recently and I've hopped back on the project, along with long-time Haz programmer Kaiochao.

For those of you who are unaware, Hazordhu II is a Roleplay game set in a medieval fantasy environment concieved by myself. The game world is entirely player developed, with characters starting with only a few tools and some clothing. Everything from the grands castles and mighty fortresses, to the bustling cities and the sleepy farm towns is created by the players with their own two hands.

Now that you have an idea of what Hazordhu is, let's talk about what's new:
First and foremost, and likely the most noticable change, is that seasons now last a full day each. This not only enables us to focus more on gameplay without changing clothes every 15 minutes, it also allows us to eventually add in permanent death for characters of old age, and still allow people to have played that character for a decent amount of time.

The combat system has undergone some changes as well. The new and improved system allows for players to roleplay to their fullest extent. It features built-in defenses, Parry, Dodge, and Block, where the users can inflict real damage on each other, and have a real defense for it. This adds another layer of depth to roleplay, in that the computer can resolve many such issues as "did x miss?". I've taken part in a few roleplayed battles myself with this system, and I must say... It, coupled with the expectation that you remake if you are killed in an RP event (ie: Not by a griefer) made it one of the most intense fights I think I've ever experienced on a BYOND game.

What else is new is that subscribers can now form groups. These groups are created by a subscriber and each have a unique flag. The flags can be one of 11 designs, and players may choose two colours which will serve as the primary and secondary colours on the flags as well as group clothing. There is also a new banner item that players can carry around to represent their groups with.

There have been lots of other things added and changed around, and as always bug fixes galore. The games' changelog can be found here. If you'd rather see for yourself, come and check out what's new in Haz tew. You could be one of three winners of a free one month subscription, just for playing!
Haz tew = Cute; Trying out these new things.
Sounds pretty cool.
Now, along with these new features and new attention from you, I hope BYOND, ACWraith, Tom and everyone else will take notice and realize, THIS GAME SHOULD BE FEATURED!
Actually, F0lak needs to submit for that probably.
F0lak wrote:
I don't want to.

Well, it's certainly one of the best, smoothest-running games BYOND has to offer. I would like to at least propose it gets a higher listing on the front page.

This game, along with NEStalgia, Decadence and the other featured games should be among the first games new BYOND users should see.
Where did you get that quote? Thief! Deleted post has been deleted! Let it rest in peace!
Lol.. I posted the quote and response before you deleted it.
Stephen001 wrote:
Actually, F0lak needs to submit for that probably.

How do I go about doing that?
This is extremely good news.
Hazordhu II is one of, if not the best roleplaying game on BYOND.

You can bet you'll be seeing me ingame.
Thank you for your kind words. :)

I wasn't aware that you have played Hazordhu before.
I got banned for no reason and cant find the thread for this game, i was wondering if i could get unbanned. Ill explain what happened if needed.
I found you're article Highly amusssing.