ID:1146793

BYOND Version:498
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox Aurora 20.0a
Applies to:Dream Maker and Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Yesterday I upgraded my PC with a better power supply and GPU. Today, I find the Dream Maker and Dream Seeker programs to be running extremely slow, though not quite to the point of total unusability. It's not a crippling problem but it really strains programming productivity.

Here is a summary of my current hardware:

Memory: 2GB RAM
Processor: Intel Celeron D CPU 3.20GHz
New GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4670

If more information is required, I will provide it.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Start up either Dream Seeker (any game) or Dream Maker (any environment) with an upgraded GPU.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
The programs should work exactly how they worked prior to upgrading my hardware.

Actual Results:
The programs work buggier and slower. For example, if I use the mousewheel in the Dream Maker program to scroll through code it can get stuck for about a minute just scrolling. Responsiveness in both programs is also failing.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? I've mostly tried Eternia: Roleplay.
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? No

When does the problem NOT occur?
Presumably when I am not using upgraded hardware.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? The version does not seem to matter, I have tried several.

Workarounds:
None.

Have you got hardware mode turned on?

This is known to cause lag when it's off and on the rare occasion when it's been turned on.
In response to A.T.H.K
Yes, I do have hardware mode on. That would not explain the issues with Dream Maker, however.

I also am positive that the driver on my GPU is installed, because everything else but BYOND works perfectly, including GPU-intensive games.
Tom changed status to 'Unverified'