Password Login Demo

by Yusuke13
ID:115128

Give it a shot.

The Save() and Load() procs are just standins. If you need help with a save and load proc, I suggest you check out the wide range of libraries dedicated to only that.
Download isn't working
doesnt work
Sorry about that. It's fixed now. If anyone sees any further issues, leave a message on my member's page. I'll probably see it sooner.
When creating user/password authentication, you should not actually be storing the password, but instead should be storing a hash of it (ideally salted). This way, if the savefiles are compromised, then people won't be able to extract passwords.
the download isnt working
Sorry about that. I will look into it when I get home.
I've been working, slowly, on an update for this demo. Currently, it isn't done very nicely and only supports old school popups. I'm working on an instance using a title screen you could see in an actual game using inputs and such.
this is quickly made, bad looking and not really efficient for the users. Make sure to update it.
Is there a way i could use this to accept my website members id and then load up only there saved games and could the save proc be edited to save files to my website storage instead on the computers.
In response to Linkin5622
Linkin5622 wrote:
Is there a way i could use this to accept my website members id and then load up only there saved games and could the save proc be edited to save files to my website storage instead on the computers.

The demo was meant to be just that, a demonstration. If you want to expand it, it's basically on you.
In response to Unknown Person
Unknown Person wrote:
When creating user/password authentication, you should not actually be storing the password, but instead should be storing a hash of it (ideally salted). This way, if the savefiles are compromised, then people won't be able to extract passwords.

I second this. I was just about to mention it. I've seen it happen so many times where passwords are stored as raw text and someone gets ahold of them.

md5() would be easy to implement, however I'd recommend something like SHA256.

If you're planning on updating this, I know a good library you could use for SHA256. You'll be required to include a DLL though.