ID:1151731

Resolved
Applies to:DM Language

This issue has been resolved.
This goes along with the "Map Editor 200% Zoom" thing. Basically, to help 16x16 games (for example), the icon-size parameter for map controls should accept values like 2x, 4x, etc., for simple multiples of world.icon_size. More importantly, it would be best if these multiples wouldn't cause any blurry graphics, but use nearest-neighbor interpolation.
I'd absolutely love this feature, since I work with 16x16 stuff in all of my projects.
I think if they could fix the blurry graphics with this setting, they would of done so elsewhere too. I know for a fact the blurry graphics are dependent on the graphics card of the computer running the game, and yet if someone else running the game takes a print screen then the png they can make with that will show the graphics correctly to anyone who views it. Pretty strange, really.

Anyway. I imagine a screenshot would do the same as the png, but if I recall correctly screenshots somehow take shots of the game in its non-stretched state. I'd really like to see the blurry graphics thing fixed, so if this can't be done with the 2x thing, it would be nice if there were a built-in way to stretch each graphic and save it as a new .dmi; that is assuming there is not already a way to do this that I am unaware of.
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:
it would be nice if there were a built-in way to stretch each graphic and save it as a new .dmi
var icon/i = icon(icon)
i.Scale(i.Width() * 2, i.Height() * 2)
src << ftp(i)

Of course, it's an awful workaround.
In response to Kaiochao
Ah. It really is awful, but still good to know. I really don't understand the stretching issues with BYOND, but I'd say it's a pretty serious problem and I'm all for anything that helps fix it; including this suggestion if it's possible.

Fixing stretching would actually be even more useful than the map zoom options, because stretching is important for 32x32 as well; just not as much as it is with 16x16.

I don't know when this was added, but apparently it's a thing now.
It simply doesn't exist as an option in the interface design tools.

Pretty sweet, been waiting for this option.
Nadrew resolved issue with message:
This has apparently been added somewhere along the way.
map.zoom was added in the 500 series. I created a separate post for it at the time because I didn't see this one.
Sorry, thought it was 499, my mistake :)