ID:115197

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
This is actually a 2 part request since both of which are something I tried before settling on using a browser element in the end.

http://www.byond.com/games/hubpic/95777_8619.png

If you'll look on the top of that screenshot you'll see just below the title bar a strip where some text is. That is where the "topic" for the chatroom goes. I started with a label there, which does not have the ability to have text highlighted, or hold links that could be clickable.

If we could have either of those options it would be much obliged.

I then replaced it with an output element, which took care of the highlighting and the clickable part, but ran me into another problem. If the text was longer than the width of the window, the text was automatically scrolled to the bottom. Meaning that 9 times out of 10, you only saw the last word of the topic and had to click the worlds tiniest scroll bar to see what it said.

If we could have the option to stop the output element from automatically scrolling, it would be much obliged. ;)
If we could have the option to stop the output element from automatically scrolling, it would be much obliged.

Or rather, the ability to control the location of the scroll bar. It could work sort of like a splitter. Setting it to 0% would position it on the top/left, setting it to 100% would position it on the bottom/right.
I've been desperately trying to do something with this once again and still can't.

vertical-align: top;
position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px;

Is this something that's really hard to do? or was this just lost in requests for things like pixel movement?
Ter13 resolved issue (Not Feasible)

Windows elements handle their styling and drawing. A browser is the most ideal for this.