I've made some decent progress. The game is now fully playable for 2-4 players.
- Added highlights for units which still have moves remaining
- Updated the city icon so you can see it behind a unit
- The rest was behind the scenes tweaks to handle losing and winning. I also cleaned up the host options.
Full Size Image
- Not sure so here are some possibilities.
- Balanced starting positions. At present, its entirely random. One player might get 4 cities right near their starting location while another is surrounded by mountains.
- Enhanced graphics
- Reducing tile set from 100px by 100px to something much smaller.
- Larger maps
- Special resource hexagons
- Static maps
- Team Play
- AI which is key to attracting and keeping players around.
- Roads (speed up units like chutes and ladders) and other interesting optional features.
- Concept of morale to make battles more interesting. I actually like the battle system right now because its simple and the outcome has surprised me several times.
- I would like to add more strategy components for sure.
Got any ideas?
and oh, by the way, just in case someone had the wrong idea, I won't be submitting this to the Poplava Challenge.
Copyright © 2017 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.