ID:115304

I've made some decent progress. The game is now fully playable for 2-4 players.

- Added highlights for units which still have moves remaining
- Updated the city icon so you can see it behind a unit
- The rest was behind the scenes tweaks to handle losing and winning. I also cleaned up the host options.

Full Size Image

What's Next?
- Not sure so here are some possibilities.
- Balanced starting positions. At present, its entirely random. One player might get 4 cities right near their starting location while another is surrounded by mountains.
- Enhanced graphics
- Reducing tile set from 100px by 100px to something much smaller.
- Larger maps
- Special resource hexagons
- Static maps
- Team Play
- AI which is key to attracting and keeping players around.
- Roads (speed up units like chutes and ladders) and other interesting optional features.
- Concept of morale to make battles more interesting. I actually like the battle system right now because its simple and the outcome has surprised me several times.
- I would like to add more strategy components for sure.

Got any ideas?

and oh, by the way, just in case someone had the wrong idea, I won't be submitting this to the Poplava Challenge.
why wont u sumbit it to poplavas competion if you sumbit 2 games to poplavas competion and they both win that means more dollars for you
Laserdog wrote:
why wont u sumbit it to poplavas competion if you sumbit 2 games to poplavas competion and they both win that means more dollars for you

The same person (me) owns the tsfreaks and poplava accounts. So, technically, I would be entering my own competition. :P I just caught the hex bug and it hasn't let go yet.

ts
With morale you could add units that can only be recruited if your morality is aligned with them. For instance you would need evil morale to hire a group of bandits.