ID:115432

Keywords: ffo, little, my, pony

Ponies were recently added to Final Fantasy Online - originally as a joke - spewing inappropriate dialogue and innuendo. Since then, they have been embraced by the playerbase for their cuteness and amazing combat abilities. They are primarily encountered as rare-spawned companions/pets that immediately boost player coolness by 20%. In this video, they show off their uncanny ganking abilities. Thank you to all of the players who gave their lives so that this video could be produced!
I watched the first few episodes of My Little Ponies to see what the big deal was. As far as I can tell it's just another show for little girls.

The fact grown men watch it regularly is very creepy to me.
I first learned of the show (and the huge amount of user-generated /b/-style content it has spawned) a few weeks back due to a handful of pony avatars and signature links on the FFO forums. I thought it would be hilarious to add ponies to the game - harmless looking monsters that annihilate anything that crosses their path. The My Little Pony fans in the FFO playerbase, upon hearing of my idea, created the icons practically overnight. In the final iteration, ponies became randomly spawned pets but retained their godly powers.

It wasn't until after the addition of ponies to FFO that I decided to check out the show itself. I've seen a number of episodes, and whether you think it's creepy or not, I think it's pretty good, mainly due to the style of art and the plot-driven episodes.

The movie above was created to highlight the absurdity of ponies mowing down high-level, experienced FFO players. If you haven't ever played FFO, you may be taking it out of context.
That''s funny, I haven't seen this yet. I like how you added them in the game.
God I miss the mindless hours I sat at work playing this game, laughing at and enjoying these kind of moments...
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
I watched the first few episodes of My Little Ponies to see what the big deal was. As far as I can tell it's just another show for little girls.

The fact grown men watch it regularly is very creepy to me.

While I feel your pain this video and addition to a game is rather funny nevertheless.