ID:115588

Not Feasible
Applies to:Website

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
I would like to see the speed of a server (I guess it would be the upload and download speed?) displayed next to each one. That way, instead of Byonders joining the first or second server of a game that is hosted, they will choose to go on a faster server (If they do so through the website). You could even have a "Recommended Server" text displayed next to the fastest one.
I think that this would be nice to see on the site.

+1
That would require the hub to know those values, which it doesn't. Nor is there a way for the server to tell it without running a speed test, which would just eat up bandwidth.
Nadrew wrote:
That would require the hub to know those values, which it doesn't. Nor is there a way for the server to tell it without running a speed test, which would just eat up bandwidth.

Not only that, but it doesn't mean a thing to me to know what the server's upload/download speed is. If I'm in the US and there's a fast server in Australia, it's not going to be fast for me. A slower server in the US will be faster.

Determining the location of a server could be done, but it could be done by the developer. You can have the game figure out its geographic location and display it on the hub using world.status.