ID:115646

Tiny Heroes

I haven't had much time to work on this. Previously the key bindings for abilities were hard-coded. If you hit "z" it'd use the "dagger throw" ability, "s" for shapeshift, "g" for anti-gravity. Now the key bindings are customizable:

You click on an icon in the bottom left of the screen to bring up the list of skills (displayed in a line above the icon you clicked). Then you select a skill by clicking on it and the keybinding is set.

I also added another enemy that's like the one in the previous gameplay video, except it follows you and throws spears at you:

This progress update isn't as significant as I'd like it to be, but being able to customize the key bindings is a step towards making it playable and towards supporting character development. The stat system is in place for attacking and dealing damage. I just need to figure out how I want stat gains to work and figure out at what level you'll get each ability. Once I get that done I'll be in much better shape, I'll just have to create more content.

Interface

My Interface library got a long-needed update. The update improves the JavaScript-DM functionality. You can now pass strings, numbers, objects, and lists between JavaScript and DM. The update also added a few new demos and improved the documentation. Here's the full list of changes.
  • Created the JS2DM proc which is an alias of BROWSER_UPDATE_SCRIPT. It does the exact same thing, it just has a shorter name. The BROWSER_UPDATE_SCRIPT proc is still in the library for backwards compatibility.
  • Documented the code in the library - added headers to each file and some inline comments.
  • Added a list parser (list-parsing.dm) so you can now pass JavaScript arrays to DM procs and they'll automatically be converted to DM lists. It doesn't handle nested lists or associative arrays (JS objects/hashtables).
  • Added the js-hello-world demo which is a very basic example of calling a DM proc from JS.
  • Split the demo that was previously called "demo" into controls-demo and window-demo. They're essentially the same. window-demo uses the library to generate code for the window based on the .dmf file. controls-demo doesn't do this, it just instantiates the /Control objects (/Browser, /Info, /Label, etc.) directly.
  • Added javascript-demo which shows examples of passing different data types from JavaScript to DM and from DM to JavaScript.

Pixel Movement / Sidescroller

I haven't gotten any bad reports about the last update to Pixel Movement. I don't have any more big updates in mind, just some minor stuff. I need to update the documentation for Pixel Movement, create documentation for Sidescroller, and update Sidescroller to include some of the performance enhancements that PM got.

Membership

Two days and 20 hours left, in case any generous people happen to read this.
Like the hud at the bottom. Keep up the good work!
You look like you'll have a successful game here! Why not open up early subs for 5$ each that come with some sort of bonus content only available if you get one within the next 7 days. There's your membership $!
Indeed. I don't usually spend money on games, but this looks like something worth paying for.
This game keeps looking better and better, i really like this simple but well detailed style of art, To be honest this game will probably go down as a big success and i also think you should make subs for it. You are after all one our better programmers.

And it should say 367 days left now.
Teka123 wrote:
And it should say 367 days left now.

I noticed. Thanks! =)

OrangeWeapons wrote:
Why not open up early subs for 5$ each that come with some sort of bonus content only available if you get one within the next 7 days.

I'd feel bad about taking people's money for a game I might not finish. Though maybe it'd guilt me into finishing it...
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Indeed. I don't usually spend money on games, but this looks like something worth paying for.

^
Wow. I'm thoroughly impressed by this game.