- The width of the game window has been expanded by one tile on each side, making the new view width 19x15 tiles.
- Most menus in the game have been slightly repositioned or in some cases redesigned to accommodate the new game window width.
- The Battle HUD has been completely redesigned, and now allows players to map abilities and items to hotkeys (1 through 0).
- Graphical indicators for most status effects on both foes and party members are now displayed during the strategy round in battle.
- The HUD Icons for most abilities and many items have been changed. The number of unique HUD Icons has been more than tripled.
- The Quest Log now has an auto-sort button.
- Bug Fix: The tip of the mouse pointer wasn't centered correctly.
- Bug Fix: In certain circumstances players could walk upwards into the upper sections of large castle doorways.
- Bug Fix: The +Phys stat was also applying its bonus to magical attacks.
- Bug Fix: It was sometimes possible to open menus and trigger abilities right as a party started the sleep sequence at Inns.
I did the mockups, but Spiff is responsible for most of the implementation of the new menus, etc. Last night players were showering praises on the new hotkey system, and if you see Spiff in the game he's the man to thank :)
The next small patch will likely be adding hotkeys for monster/party selection in battle, allowing players to control the entire battle with their keyboards once they have their hotkeys set. We're also still working on a true "Gamepad Mode" for release later this summer.
v1.50 is a major step forward towards completing this summer's planned updates, and has laid the groundwork for the next round of major changes. Next up is the new skill tree system, followed closely thereafter by the monster companion system. The goal is to make all of these updates happen sooner rather than later this summer so that we can finally get on with promoting the game and cranking out the long-awaited new content. Stay tuned!