ID:1158404

Keywords: base, choice, color, palette
Which base uses the best color choice for a fantasy RPG style game? Go by Box 1,2,3,... so on.

New Base Made By My Pixel Artist.

-----------------

Hmm, 3, 4, and 5 are nice, 3 or more likely 4 for that style, but for 4 you need to make the light spot on his head slightly less bright.
Updated to show what it looks like on turfs.
Yeah, definitely 4 with the slight touch up I mentioned.
I do like 4
Actually....

I designed a color slider for skin that allows all those colors and more in between. All you need to do is make a really dark grayscale version of the skin parts of the base.

The color ranges from Seal to Seal's teeth.

Updated new base.
Newest one looks like an albino Snooki with anime eyes.
LOL
Want the code snippet or not? o__o
Oh sure misread what you said.
    proc
toneproc()
set hidden=1
var/bstart=0
var/rstart=75
var/gstart=30
var/brange=100
var/rrange=225
var/grange=150

var/toneval=text2num(winget(src,"skinslider.toneslider","value"))
var/colorval=text2num(winget(src,"skinslider.colorslider","value"))
colorval-=50

var/rc=colorval/1.5
var/gc=colorval/8
var/bc=-colorval/8

toneval=abs(100-toneval)
toneval/=100

var/r=(rrange*toneval)+rstart
var/g=(grange*toneval)+gstart
var/b=(brange*toneval)+bstart

This takes the value of two sliders and turns it into a skintone.

Basically, what you want to have is two sliders that are labeled as: Tone - Light/Dark and Color: Pale/Red

Then, the math kind of does it all for you. It's made so that there's hard limits on what kind of color you can make the skin, while also allowing every possible color in normal human range. This keeps you from having to make multiple bases and limiting the players to 5-6 skin colors.

Note: Like I said, you'll need to make an icon that is just the base icon's skin, no clothing. Put that into a greyscale, but keep it very dark. Then, you should be able to just modify that icon with the rgb that the code produces, and then overlay it onto your mob.

When you apply the color change it should be done as such:

i.icon+=rgb(r+rc,g+gc,b+bc)
You can fiddle around with the numbers if you want some different ranges, but I found that messing with these numbers made people who look like they'd drowned, or simpsons characters, or that one fat guy in 300, you know the guy I'm talking about.
i think box 5 is the best, because the games is colorful and so is the base, also its the only base that i can see that has some shading, however, u need to shade the South state (chest and head), hope i helped
6th the best
You know if he uses the code provided you guys can just pick your own right? =P
That's if he does, So if he doesn't I vote number 4. lmao.
Page: 1 2