ID:115908

Making an attempt to follow review guidelines, Yusuke13 has been telling me that Gears & Peers should be featured.  It's a game with simultaneous turns where players crash opposing robots, collect their gears and run away.  I'd just assume let Yusuke13's review stand as more participation in the process is something I've been hoping for.

I believe Gears & Peers meets the standards.  It was developed with most of them in mind.  However, I know this because it's my creation.  As I run featured games, I figured I'd let people vent.  More of my work can be criticized in the Submissions forum.

Within BYOND

Silk Games held a 4th of July festival in their retro MORPG NEStalgia where players could launch fireworks, hunt holiday monsters and duel for emblems.  More recently, version 1.50 of the game was released with a hotkey system and graphical improvements.  The 8th episode of the official podcast is available now.

Jittai has released an alpha version of his procedurally generated survival game, Stranded.  A lighting system has been added.  Jittai is currently aware of CPU usage issues and would appreciate feedback.

Mista-mage123 has released a text-based roleplay system called Rp Radio Custom Edition.  Players can create NPCs, enemies, equipment, items, skills and more.  Those databases can be imported and exported for other campaigns.

Acebloke has updated the empire-building Wargames 2 along with its map and scenario editor.  Settlers can build villages, there are a couple new units and...  You know the drill. There's a plethora of changes that I can't do justice to.

The prequel was patched and updated as well.  Acebloke summarized the latter as balance tweaks.  That'll do. ;)

After taking some time off to work on unrelated procedural generation, Robertbanks2 updated his tactical RPG Imperatorum.  The focus was on the HUD and some AI tweaks.  He seeks an artist.  Paco the bear-wrestling chicken demands player feedback.

With more screenshots to drool over as we await its release, Forum_account has been continuing his platformer MORPG Tiny Heroes.  Key bindings can now be customized and a new enemy has been added.  Meanwhile, Forum_account's Interface library has been updated with improved JavaScript handling.

Tsfreaks announced that his turn-based strategy HexGame is now fully playable.  (You know, other than a server or file to download. ;))  Unit highlights and end game conditions have been added.  More is planned.

As PopLava, it was announced that the prizes of PopLava Challenge #1 have been increased with the winner receiving $150.  The deadline is still August 14th.

Yut Put and ExPixel have offered WIP screenshots of their MORPG Devotion.  Somehow, I find the shot of the game mockup more impressive than that of the source code.  However, I keep seeing YouTube videos of indie developers who think otherwise in regards to their own work.

Oasiscircle has been working on a multiplayer sidescrolling action game called Rocket Down.  A video demonstrating the jetpack physics has been posted along with a screenshot of the firearms by artist Akto.

Taitz has been developing a new game called League of Power.  Players will create their own skills and do battle.  Multiple ability categories will be available.  The latest progress report focused on the landscape and whether it will be dynamic.  Either way, it seems pretty.

Xerse released the source for his MORPG Rise of Heroes in October of 2004.  Yusuke13 and DungeonDan are now creating a variant called Rise of Heroes: A new legacy.  The art is being replaced and the original source code has been scratched...  Forgive my ignorance, but is the IP alone that valuable?

Speaking of IP...  In the comments of the last column, BYOND owner Tom Hehre confirmed that a cease and desist order was received from Square Enix.  Kudos to all of those pushing ahead with their own content.  Here are a couple examples:

• Gakumerasara has stated that the delisting of the MORPG Final Fantasy Online is not an issue.  A superior project with original IP named Terulia has been in the works since early 2009.
  • Similarly, Dpheonix7 stated that he has separated his MORPG War of the Magi from the Final Fantasy brand.  While graphical progress has slowed, system development has not.

Beyond BYOND

This is a more baldfaced ad. But it's got a frelling Muppet!

Don't settle for a brief mention of activity.  Get games featured!  (Want to review?)

Bill S.978 is going to ruin my plan to officially get rid of Cable and all that junk. I already punched in my zip code and sent the darn thing. I just hope this doesn't pass, I would dread having to go back to my cable company and say what I originally planned didn't work out. -_-
@PeleTheFireDeity: Sources like Netflix and Hulu should be fine. It's unlicensed providers that have to worry. Unfortunately, game commentators are random people who are unlikely to be able to arrange licenses for all of the games they play. The relatively low barrier to entry is why they exist in the first place.
ACWraith wrote:
@PeleTheFireDeity: Sources like Netflix and Hulu should be fine. It's unlicensed providers that have to worry. Unfortunately, game commentators are random people who are unlikely to be able to arrange licenses for all of the games they play. The relatively low barrier to entry is why they exist in the first place.

Oh alright, then that makes me a happy camper. Thanks for mentioning it in your blog post.
Whoop! I got mentioned in a segment, even if you spelled my name wrong it's me lol

Anyway, it's not so much about the IP that we scratched the programming and pixel art to remake a game and only use its name.

Double D and I are working on getting our first release out there together. We'll use this time to learn each other's weaknesses and strong points and then go from there. This is our Freshman game together, so it'll be fun.

We both loved the game. I remember speaking to Xerse in 2003 before he created a hub for the game, so it's really about sentimental value for me.
Also, it will give Dan and I a platform to base our work on for future projects together.
Also, along with the recommendations from Stephen001 and Teka123 and the approval from Tom of course, I've joined the team as a BYOND Volunteer. Since I've already done the work and everything, how about I just go ahead and hit the feature button on Gears and Peers, eh?
@Yusuke: Doh, sorry. Vowel replaced... I got it right in the intro though! ;)
It's all good. Stuff happens.
You dare mock my awesome codez D:<?!?!
wtf?!
@ExPixel: Only the visual impressiveness. I'm sure your code has a great personality. ;)
ACWraith wrote:
@ExPixel: Only the visual impressiveness. I'm sure your code has a great personality. ;)

My code is sexy and you know it.
ACWRAITH u better keep watch on me, me new idea is original and slick for Donyo'kuna.
In leu of the noobs who posted before me... I wouldn't mind if a few of my games were featured... well atleast the more original ones... especially Silent Hill Online (konami has yet to send out a cease and desist order so I guess that's ok...) and Infinite Worlds (decided to change the focus from a dbz game to more of a anime/manga game... IE: its not strange to see orochi from KOF flying around...)
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
In leu of the noobs who posted before me... I wouldn't mind if a few of my games were featured... well atleast the more original ones... especially Silent Hill Online (konami has yet to send out a cease and desist order so I guess that's ok...) and Infinite Worlds (decided to change the focus from a dbz game to more of a anime/manga game... IE: its not strange to see orochi from KOF flying around...)

Click here to submit your games for review. thanks
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

Also ACWraith doesn't review anime games if I remember correctly.
Oooh... My game has been reviewed, sweet! :D Thanks a ton!