ID:115943

Keywords: blog
BYOND Anime has been sitting idle for months since the new site change came out and Guilds became pretty much irrelevant, but I've decide that i want to breath a bit of life into the old boy yet.

First Thing i did was change the CCS though it's very basic, Hopefully MDC will create better GFX soon, I don't think this CSS came out as good as i'de hope so i don't know if it's for better or worse, but i wasn't keen on the previous Japanese building image, but anyway it Can and Will be improved.

I have then decided to re arrange the Staff in the guild with inactive staff members being given a rank of former staff, and i have been constructing a new team.
Currently Stephen001 is the co runner of the guild as he was leading it before, and i have taken in MDC to help me administrate the site, and Cyberlord to help moderate.

What i wish to do with the guild.

• I plan to make it useful for people interested in anime.

• There will be monthly competitions with the reward of a Byond membership (needs discussing).

• Original Anime games of Good standard will be added to the guild.

• The Guild will have a featured section that will display 4 games, which will stay there for a week and will then change to a different set of games the next week and so on, to give equal publicity to the games in this guild.

• More Regular Anime Reviews & Anime Game reviews.

• Update Blog post's about up coming and new anime games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since AcWraith does not mention anime games, and there is no strict policy about anime game discussion set in stone, i may start doing mini reviews or news updates on up and coming anime games on Byond similar to his posts.

Also there is going to be a bigger Crack down on ripped Pokemon games due to me not being so familiar with programming of such games i have let too many games slip by. Yusuke13 is a new Byond volunteer and will be more vigilant with the Pokemon games and his programming knowledge to spot the games that have not been modified enough.

Now.. i think i'm going to go sort out the Key tags. and MDc's gonna play with the CSS.

A good idea would be to compile the types of fangames that aren't allowed and post them somewhere, too.
I forgot that this guild existed...
I'll have a new CSS done soon. Also have some ideas for posts, contests, and other goodies coming soon.
Just a heads-up; if your anime game has been inactive for an extensive amount of time, it will be given a warning period for you to acknowledge that its being worked on still. Otherwise, it will be de-listed.
I'll be happy to write a few more game reviews, since I've done some in the past.
I really really like this. I'm glad there's life being brought back into this now!

I'm looking forward to the future of this guild. I hope I can provide you guys with enough for the development news, of up and coming Anime games.
Thank You Teka. Anime needs to be revived!!!
I think this guild should of been removed with the rest of them. They're yeah... Crap lol. I thought that's what the new system was brought in for, to replace these guilds.
The rest of them aren't removed. They're just hell inactive.
Oooh, AM Knight is an original Anime, may i post it here?
ShadeCyberPlatinum wrote:
Oooh, AM Knight is an original Anime, may i post it here?

http://www.byond.com/members/BYONDAnime/forum?forum=23
Crap i wanted to do something.
"and Cyberlord to help moderate."

That is a terrible idea and you should reconsider it immediately.

Also, the orange CSS was much better.
Well I wish you the best of luck with the guild. But I'd like to agree with Liam on one point. I thought the system that we have now, was supposed to replace these guilds. As they're not needed as much as they were in the past.

But I suppose if you give them enough publicity, they'll re-gain popularity. But I think that'll be a slam chance that anything useful will come out of this renewal. The biggest thing that I hope that'll happen is the promotion of development, encouraging new developers or something related towards that. I do have one question, now that funimation came in and declared games like dragonball Z, one piece and etc can't be developed. Does this mean only Naruto type games would be left?

Anyway with that asked, I wish you the best of luck with the guild. Hopefully it'll regain some popularity. I hope it focuses around development of new games. I found that BYOND anime before was just approving and disapproving games because they don't fit the "standards" of an original fan-based game. lol
I'm going to sort out the pokemon games. I've already delisted a couple for this reason.

Also, I'm not familiar with playing them, but I have been taking the time to log into the ones that are active and do some research. If anyone knows of any that are listed and are rips, leave a message on my member's page and I'll look into it.

Let's clean this up!
Thank you all for your support or not. :)

To the Previous questions:

Yes that's a good idea DT.

And wheres your CSS you said you'd make MDC lol?

Liam i do understand your opinion, but the anime guild is a great way to advertise Anime games for publicity on Byond, now that Byond is not as Anime friendly as it has been before.

But anyway i have trusted Cyberlord for several years and it's never done me any harm, He has a bad reputation, and he has done some idiotic and bad things to people who he did not get along with, but he is a person who i have and can trust, he has not caused any problems for quite a while now, and if he does not wish to be hounded by the Byond staff again he will keep up his good behavior especially since he wishes to release his own game.

But over all this guilds standards will be high and we will only accept games of very good standards, originally uniqueness and variations, as such we will not accept every Naruto game even if it's not a rip, we will find a limit to how many we wish to have and if your non rip Naruto game really has not got enough effort or polish put into it then it won't be listed.

And maybe it was for selfish reasons as well because i do like creating Reviews on specific anime that i watch so that i can share my opinion with people like i did on my Timmy key

Hopefully this guild will inspire the people who like anime not to give up on it on Byond, and help to create fine developers and advertise their work and even have prize's related to support them and Byond with memberships as well as keep the people of byond up to date and give them a news feed relating anime matters.

Teka123 wrote:
Thank you all for your support or not. :)

To the Previous questions:

Yes that's a good idea DT.

And wheres your CSS you said you'd make MDC lol?

Liam i do understand your opinion, but the anime guild is a great way to advertise Anime games for publicity on Byond, now that Byond is not as Anime friendly as it has been before.

But anyway i have trusted Cyberlord for several years and it's never done me any harm, He has a bad reputation, and he has done some idiotic and bad things to people who he did not get along with, but he is a person who i have and can trust, he has not caused any problems for quite a while now, and if he does not wish to be hounded by the Byond staff again he will keep up his good behavior especially since he wishes to release his own game.

But over all this guilds standards will be high and we will only accept games of very good standards, originally uniqueness and variations, as such we will not accept every Naruto game even if it's not a rip, we will find a limit to how many we wish to have and if your non rip Naruto game really has not got enough effort or polish put into it then it won't be listed.

And maybe it was for selfish reasons as well because i do like creating Reviews on specific anime that i watch so that i can share my opinion with people like i did on my Timmy key

Hopefully this guild will inspire the people who like anime not to give up on it on Byond, and help to create fine developers and advertise their work and even have prize's related to support them and Byond with memberships as well as keep the people of byond up to date and give them a news feed relating anime matters.

I like your idea of rewarding people for their developments. I was actually thinking of the benefit of rewarding people for developing good games. Such as BYOND membership like you said yourself. I think more and more people would be encouraged to develop good work.
I'd rather you removed me from this actually.
You've already pretty much single-handedly destroyed the BYOND Members blogs by purchasing memberships for masses of anime kiddies and trolls... you don't need to take it one step further by reviving dead anime guilds and putting creeps on staff.

You really need to start thinking before you act. Since your overall goal seems to be to please/appease as many people as possible in order to make "friends", you'd think that you'd realize what a bad idea getting into bed with trash like Cyberlord would be.
Page: 1 2 3 4