ID:115988

"The lightning offered periodic relief from the monsters that seemed to crawl at me from the impenetrable darkness."
-Concept line for the game.

Well, Astra Circa is on hold while Kat is working on Aurora and Kon has been caught up in MMORPGs so I figured I'd take my break and start work on an original Survival/Psychological Horror game that I've had thought up for awhile now.

However, I lack graphics! I checked out some indie developer sites that had free tiles but none of them really fit and they looked like edited RPGMaker tiles. If you're interested, I would love to hear back from you. Info on the position is below as well as a sample of the style I was aiming for. Kind of a GBA RPG style.

Project Info:
Peur Du Noir is a 2D Psychological Horror/Survival game where the player plays as a young girl named Aluma who has a fear of the dark.

Aluma is 13 and lives in a small house a good distance from any town.
Whenever it's dark, Aluma sees monsters called Shadows.
---------CONCEPT:
Aluma is forced to leave her home and make her way through the forest to the town.
All she has is a lanturn with limited fuel. Aluma has to strategically light and unlight her lanturn to make her way to the town
without being killed by a Shadow. Shadows cannot come within the area lit by the lanturn(~two tiles) and if she lights the lanturn
while there are Shadows in the lit area, they disperse(killed).

STARTING SCENE:

-The screen is dark as words appear on the screen-
"I'll be back soon, Aluma."

-Screen fades in on Aluma who is sitting by a desk which has a single lit candle on it-
-Sees Shadows moving in the dark corners of the room-

Requirement(s):
  • Active.
  • Willing to work for free.
  • Able to produce 32x32 single-framed tiles.
  • Not afraid to do some blood and gore.

Sample of the style:

Contact me:
    MSN: kumorii@live.com
    Later,
    -Kumorii
(In Eminem Voice) I'm not afraid. But also not a pixel artist.
Active.
Willing to work for free.
Able to produce 32x32 single-framed tiles.
Very willing to do some blood and gore.

The art in the example is so good it's intimidating on an artistic level. I am therefore willing to try, however I'm not THAT good. I have a horror style in mind that would work well, though. Some more details would be nice, like level design concept etc
Add my MSN and we can talk.
I'm not desperate for that style and am more that willing to listen to your ideas. C:
Kumorii wrote:
Add my MSN and we can talk.
I'm not desperate for that style and am more that willing to listen to your ideas. C:

hop on the saloon, i don't have msn and it's not really an option