Naruto VS

by Masterralphy55
Naruto VS
A New Original Naruto Fighting game!
That's what I'm trying to explain to you dude. In order to have 2v2, you need to have free roam.

How would your mob know which enemy to look at if there's two of them?
Zelda1332 wrote:
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Bravo1 wrote:
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Bravo1 wrote:
It's the same shit because that's essentially what he's making. A group for the game. It doesn't matter what you call it, squad, clan, team, band, guild, force, battalion. It's just one of those in-game groups that no one really needs. Especially not in a 1v1 fighting game. Seriously, the point of guilds/clans is to inspire team play against other teams. If it's 1v1 then how the fuck do you accomplish that?

By you making a 2v2 mode. :D

I would, and I'd like to add free roam into the game but the question is: How would I make the movement work. Now, don't get ahead of yourself, let me explain what I mean:

Currently movement is tied to the position of your opponent. In order your you to block or dodge you need to push or double tap the control away from your opponent.

If I make the game free movement, like Super Smash Brothers, then the ability to dash or block becomes difficult. I'd have to add extra controls to the keyboard. This isn't a problem, but what about people who'd like to swap their controls. the arrow keys are usually set aside by themselves on a keyboard and as a result I'm limited to two sets of four controls, which are swappable.

Unless you have a suggestion as to how I can make it work then I can't really do anything.

No. This game isn't made for free roam.

I know.

No. Just 1v1, battle royal, and 2v2.

I Took Some Time and I Have A Idea!!
Make it 2 screens
1st you have your normal screen
then in the back u have the 2nd screen
u can jump from screen to screen

LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOL
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Zelda1332 wrote:
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Bravo1 wrote:
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Bravo1 wrote:
It's the same shit because that's essentially what he's making. A group for the game. It doesn't matter what you call it, squad, clan, team, band, guild, force, battalion. It's just one of those in-game groups that no one really needs. Especially not in a 1v1 fighting game. Seriously, the point of guilds/clans is to inspire team play against other teams. If it's 1v1 then how the fuck do you accomplish that?

By you making a 2v2 mode. :D

I would, and I'd like to add free roam into the game but the question is: How would I make the movement work. Now, don't get ahead of yourself, let me explain what I mean:

Currently movement is tied to the position of your opponent. In order your you to block or dodge you need to push or double tap the control away from your opponent.

If I make the game free movement, like Super Smash Brothers, then the ability to dash or block becomes difficult. I'd have to add extra controls to the keyboard. This isn't a problem, but what about people who'd like to swap their controls. the arrow keys are usually set aside by themselves on a keyboard and as a result I'm limited to two sets of four controls, which are swappable.

Unless you have a suggestion as to how I can make it work then I can't really do anything.

No. This game isn't made for free roam.

I know.

No. Just 1v1, battle royal, and 2v2.

I Took Some Time and I Have A Idea!!
Make it 2 screens
1st you have your normal screen
then in the back u have the 2nd screen
u can jump from screen to screen

LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOL

????????
Bravo1 wrote:
That's what I'm trying to explain to you dude. In order to have 2v2, you need to have free roam.

How would your mob know which enemy to look at if there's two of them?

Make the 2nd one shadowed a bit

Update

=D GREAT IDEA!!!!

CHANGE YOUR Character!!?!!

Make it change into the selected char!!
(pick Naruto)
Choose a character becomes NARUTO

Changes: A bug/strategy involving Kawarimi and a charge move (like Chidori) caused a stir. The move is still in, but aerial attacks with charge moves do 3/4 original damage.

( Charged Moved???)
How to do charged move?
Kawarimi? *a move?*

--> add 2 links in player

1st a link 2 the Comments (updates)
2nd How to play and do all MOVES!!!
Charge Down+Left (stuff like that)
I'm not talking about YOU AS A PLAYER. I know that any one of you can keep track of more than once target.

But the game has to face your character toward a target in order for you to use the guard and dash commands, since it's based on your enemies position. Shadowing one out does not mean that it's not there.

If I added more than one enemy your character would constantly switch positions between the two and you would have, essentially, no control over your character
Bravo1 wrote:
I'm not talking about YOU AS A PLAYER. I know that any one of you can keep track of more than once target.

But the game has to face your character toward a target in order for you to use the guard and dash commands, since it's based on your enemies position. Shadowing one out does not mean that it's not there.

If I added more than one enemy your character would constantly switch positions between the two and you would have, essentially, no control over your character

make it so you can choose a target (F or something else)

That makes things a little hectic. Besides that, you would be bumping into everyone.

Now, What I COULD do is thus: Player 1 and player 2 are on a team. and player 3 and player 4 are on another.

Player 1 is locked onto player 3 and player 2 onto player 4.

If player 1 and player 2 beat player 3 and 4 then the match ends.

However if one member from team A gets KOed and another from team B gets KOed then the remaining fighters now take on the target of their KOed teammate.

AKA if you're player 1 and you beat player 3. Then you automatically lock onto player 4. same goes for if you're player 3 and you beat player you lock onto player 2.

This way, I can make it so that people can fight one opponent at a time and when they finish, move onto another. This makes it also kinda tricky cuz, you'll more often than not come to the point where you will have 2v1 and the 1 player will still only be able to fight the one target, which is unfair to the other player. I mean, if my teammate really really sucks then why should I suddenly have to fight two people?

That's the only problem I see while that way of doing it.

What I could do is make it so that the winner of the fight will just be unable to move/attack until their team-mate gets KOed. If their team mate wins though then both players will do their victory pose.

I dunno it's a bunch of bullcrap to deal with. I'd also need to completely overhaul how matches are chosen.
1. Spawning of everyone in server has played. exc
2. Can Not Download Downloading Naruto VS (17807609 bytes).
Failed to download data (HTTP server returned unexpected status: 403 Forbidden).
3. COOL, Gl with that!
King_LiOnZ wrote:
-_- Bravo just add [] next to name and a Option to put it up to four chars instead of this dumbass shit angel is doing.

LOL even if theres a [] i would make it cause im epic that way :P
Bravo1 wrote:
That makes things a little hectic. Besides that, you would be bumping into everyone.

Now, What I COULD do is thus: Player 1 and player 2 are on a team. and player 3 and player 4 are on another.

Player 1 is locked onto player 3 and player 2 onto player 4.

If player 1 and player 2 beat player 3 and 4 then the match ends.

However if one member from team A gets KOed and another from team B gets KOed then the remaining fighters now take on the target of their KOed teammate.

AKA if you're player 1 and you beat player 3. Then you automatically lock onto player 4. same goes for if you're player 3 and you beat player you lock onto player 2.

This way, I can make it so that people can fight one opponent at a time and when they finish, move onto another. This makes it also kinda tricky cuz, you'll more often than not come to the point where you will have 2v1 and the 1 player will still only be able to fight the one target, which is unfair to the other player. I mean, if my teammate really really sucks then why should I suddenly have to fight two people?

That's the only problem I see while that way of doing it.

What I could do is make it so that the winner of the fight will just be unable to move/attack until their team-mate gets KOed. If their team mate wins though then both players will do their victory pose.

I dunno it's a bunch of bullcrap to deal with. I'd also need to completely overhaul how matches are chosen.

Work on it little by little till its fully functional then give it a try but that leads to another question how are u gonna seperate the 1v1 and 2v2???
when i saw his new menu, i also sawed host button, just add 1VS1 and 2VS2 there
no so theres gonna be a 1v1 and 2v2 server NO make it like every 5 1v1 games a 2v2 game :/ something like that keeping the game going

Failed to download data (HTTP server returned unexpected status: 403 Forbidden).

This is happening to me as well. Somehting's up with byond.

Bravo1 wrote:

This is happening to me as well. Somehting's up with byond.

Masterralphy55 exceeded bandwidth allowance. That is all it is.
Korodo wrote:

So we're being punished for being popular?
Bravo1 wrote:
Korodo wrote:

So we're being punished for being popular?

BYOND has its limits. The Downloads are at theirs.
I'll try to get this fixed right away!
And the game succeeds more.

Bravo that idea can be easily done, you just need to experiment with the code and you will soon find out how.

If I were you, I would use for(var(mob/M in oview(usr)) if I were you, plus if statements to make it so it knows when the player is killed.

So you could make it where a proc is called with spawn() before it's called, and it checks if the targeted player has a dead var set to 1, then if it is it will use for(var to change the targetted person, and if not then sleep(1) and call the proc again. This will make it so whatever var you decide to use for death (I'll call it "dead" for now), you can make it so if "dead" is 1, it will for(var to find the other mob by if(usr.player==playernum) change usr.targetted to the other player, and then call another proc that checks if that person is dead, and call the win proc. And if dead is 0, it sleep(1) (so the game doesn't freeze), then calls the original proc again to check until its 1, and so on. You can also use goto for this, but I wouldn't reccomend it.

In simplicity, I have code.

http://pastebin.com/uJLaNh4C

This was made in the time span of 5-10 minutes, so expect simple errors that I know you can fix, since you are 10x better at coding than me and I bet you can find it 10x faster than me. Most of this was really copy/paste from the last ones and changing variables.

Obviously you call this when the match starts to the proper players. I made the proc name match what player it is called to.

Have fun and good luck! This will turn out better than my UNS2Byond at this rate!

Edit: Also you should make it have one player with NPCAI for people who downloaded it by a check to see if its online and hosted and if it isn't it spawns an NPC.
It's not hard to implement it's just that it'll take a lot of time to properly test it. There are still faults with things like player log-outs and disconnects during a match that I can't just go assuming that a mob will be present at all times.

Right now, I'm focusing on character development.

btw. Next char is an unlockable. Saves will be wiped. Version will be 5.0 and the unlock reqs will go up for the chars. 50 for first unlock and 75 for the old unlockable char (can't just say it because some players don't know who it is yet.)

Later on for Beta there will be a point based unlocking system. You'll earn points based on matches and when you have enough points you can unlock a char. However, once you unlock a char you spend those points. This makes it easier to get the unlockable char you want while still having you do work to get them.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9