ID:116064

Haven't really done much programming lately but this was something that had me a bit confused, the 360 degree movement so I decided to sit down and figure it out. I feel like I did a great job and it's so cool!

(The screen recording program I use sticks a lot =[)
Move over, Decadence.
Looks great.
I see you took my advice. (:
Looks great! Glad you're still around working on something. Keep up the good work :)

Edit: I use Fraps atm for screen recording but I suggest Camtasia.
Speaking of programming, how about releasing that pixel projectile system ;)

On Topic: Nice work! Really interested in the production of this game.
A+ for you sir.
Very nice. I know how much work that is but it certainly pays off.
There is lag, is it the game or just the movie?
Kisioj wrote:
There is lag, is it the game or just the movie?

The movie.
How Unbyondish... but cool :D
I have to commend you on this - while making an angle-based movement system isn't all that difficult, you took the time to make the art flow with it, making it look 50x nicer.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Move over, Decadence.

Nein.

From what I've seen, comparing this to Decadence would be like comparing Battlefield to Halo. There's room for both games and I can't wait to see how this one pans out.
Pixel projectile lib release? ;D
Asakuraboy wrote:

It's been a long time. I doubt he will ever release it lol
Very nice! It reminds me of a test project I did a couple years ago, but yours actually looks nice, graphics-wise. After beating the first HawX, I made an airplane exactly like yours and gave it missile locking. Face your target within several degrees and hit a button to initiate missile locking, where a yellow square appears over your target. Keep facing your target accurately and the yellow square turned into a red diamond, and you're ready to launch a missile that would follow your target until impact. The missile even had a smoke trail :)
But that was a while ago, and I've lost all motivation to touch any of my projects again.

The more "unBYONDish" you make a game, the laggier it gets, but the cooler it looks. I'd say it is worth it for small matches. It's looking really cool, so keep it up!
MDC wrote:
Asakuraboy wrote:

It's been a long time. I doubt he will ever release it lol

I will never give up. Once it's released my FMA game will come out :]
SuperAntx wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Move over, Decadence.

Nein.

From what I've seen, comparing this to Decadence would be like comparing Battlefield to Halo. There's room for both games and I can't wait to see how this one pans out.

I know the two games are very different, but I was comparing them because they were both shooters and really, yours is the only professional one we have unless I missed one ( some of those REO games are half-decent but still need more polish to be considered professional ). Once this comes out, that'll change.

Also, now that you mention it, that's exactly what this looks like: a 2D Battlefield.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
( some of those REO games are half-decent but still need more polish to be considered professional ).

Polished
Yut Put wrote:
Asakuraboy wrote:
I will never give up. Once it's released my FMA game will come out :]

uhhhh i have a pixel projectile system that's probably better courtesy of ExPixel... i dunno, we can do like 1000 projectiles with 0 CPU buut i guess it's up to EP to release it

i would make one myself, it's neither hard nor is there some magical secret to pixel movement that only the more experienced devs know about, i made a pixel projectile system a year ago that worked fine

You know you wanna ask him if I can kinda have it? ;] xD
Page: 1 2