ID:1162933

This is more of a feature request but I'm not sure where to put this.

As the title says, dm tags are not displaying properly on the pager regardless of where it was sent.

I believe the raw code should be displayed even without keyword highlighting. Perhaps, a "(code)" link (like the image link) that pops out a code window is also an option.
I think Tom said to put discussion and features in the current beta's topic. (or that feature request topic someone made).

Though, support++, I've requested DM tags in the pager too.
I'll just leave it here anyways. I believe it is a good addition / necessary fix for the new pager.
++
I believe I can partly implement this just by modifying our HTML parser to accept DM as a tag, which it probably should anyway. Highlighting is a separate issue.
Can't use the same parser as the forum? Or is that still in C++ or Perl, or something?

Either way, I'm sure there's a few javascripty methods out there for hilighting.
It isn't using the same parser as the site. It could only do that for history that was already built into post form, since otherwise the site isn't involved in this process--the hub is delivering the messages directly.

The parsing we use for pager messages to sanitize them is internal to the pager instead, using code similar to what we already use for outputting text in a game. Adding a <DM> tag to our parser makes a lot of sense. Adding syntax highlighting is entirely doable; it would basically require us to take our highlighting code from Dream Maker and bring it further into the backend.