ID:116317

BYOND Version:489
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 9.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:My pager freezes when I try to join a game or page someone. Then, it turns white. Sometimes it works regulary after a short period of time. About 15 minutes. However, sometimes I have to close/open.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:Try and join a game.. or page someone. This did not happen when I was viewing a friend's computer using TeamViewer.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
N/A

Expected Results: The program to excute my action without freezing.

Actual Results:The program freezes?

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Everytime, unless I join using a link that I click while on a game. Such ass byond://22324354
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Nope

When does the problem NOT occur? I never had this issue before. It started happening a week or so. After I started getting it, it allways occur.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?It occured on my old crappy laptop. After moving to this one, Toshiba Satellite, it was fine for 2 days. After those two days, I started getting it again. So I am not sure which version. (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds: Join games by presing a link I get on a game. For paging, I got none.

Edit : I was teamviewing with a friend, he encountered the same problem. However, he is too dumb to remember if he encountered it before...
You seem to have a large number of pager friends. Can you turn off showing offline friends and see if this improves? The list control is known to have paint and temporary freeze issues when it's handling a very large number of items and I think that could be in play here.
Lummox JR wrote:
You seem to have a large number of pager friends. Can you turn off showing offline friends and see if this improves? The list control is known to have paint and temporary freeze issues when it's handling a very large number of items and I think that could be in play here.

Happened again. Although I cant be sure, I got a high amount of online friends as well....
So I went to my other key, Killtolive. Which had 6 online friends not sure of offline cause I hid them... The problem did not happen. Thanks, I will remove some of my pager friends.
This problem was caused by having alot of friends on pager.

I resolved it by deleting some friends/hiding offline friends.
I suspected as much. 490 put in some changes that may help with this.