Colorator: Return of the Coloration

by DivineTraveller
Try to turn the board into one solid color!
ID:116724

A simple how-to:

You start in the top left, and your goal is to make the whole board one color. When you change the color of the tile in the top left (by clicking one of the color buttons), it changes all tiles adjacent to it, and all tiles adjacent to those, etc into the same color.
Loved it!

How about a way to restart instead of having to close the program and reopening it? Or did I miss something?
Does it always say "You've lost already"? Or am I that bad at it lol.
Another thing, if you press a color before the last color is done with its conversion wipe then it has some interesting effects, not sure if this is intended behavior or not.

I like games like this, its got good potential for a fun casual game.
It only does that after 20 moves. It was really rushed, I apologize -- it was a game in a day thing. I do plan on updating it as soon as I can figure out an algorithm to generate this puzzle.

I do have a lot of features planned though! It'll just be a while.
When I started it up, the window was off-screen. I got it to be on my screen, because the right-edge of the window was on the left-edge of my screen, and I happened to notice it there.
Not sure why that happened.
Anyways, the gameplay was pretty interesting. I've never seen this concept before.

EDIT: It consistently puts the window off-screen when I start the game. (Right edge of window at left-edge of screen, as mentioned previously.)
It seems like this issue is normal for people. I think I have a vague idea of what I can do to solve it.
Complex Robot wrote:
When I started it up, the window was off-screen. I got it to be on my screen, because the right-edge of the window was on the left-edge of my screen, and I happened to notice it there.
Anyways, the gameplay was pretty interesting. I've never seen this concept before.

EDIT: It consistently puts the window off-screen when I start the game. (Right edge of window at left-edge of screen, as mentioned previously.)

This happens to me too. It seems the only way I can fix it is to right click it on my task bar and hit maximize.
Very fun! I wish it wasn't so easy to lose though. =P

a "# of moves left" counter and a difficulty setting and this game is instantly in my book of awesome time-waster puzzles. It's more fun than Sudoku.
Bravo1 wrote:
Very fun! I wish it wasn't so easy to lose though. =P

a "# of moves left" counter and a difficulty setting and this game is instantly in my book of awesome time-waster puzzles. It's more fun than Sudoku.

There actually is a difficulty setting, I just have it set manually for the time being. I can look into adding the moves left counter when I end up updating it again (I'm going to try to figure out an algorithm to make a puzzle always solvable in x moves, then I plan to update it again).

[edit for my own reference: there's currently a bug where if you start another colored move before the previous one finishes, it doesn't transition properly]
Yusuke13 wrote:
Complex Robot wrote:

This happens to me too. It seems the only way I can fix it is to right click it on my task bar and hit maximize.

I did end up reporting this as a bug, but apparently it's not a bug.