ID:116855

Keywords: updates, yusuke13
Recently, I've been putting in a few extra long hours of work over the past week or so. I have spent most of my time spent on BYOND working with EmpirezTeam and Lige with our recent release of The Simple Developments Guild.

I've also been slowly working on a novel I've been writing for a couple of weeks. I plan to submit it for publishing within the month. Wish me luck~

Developmental Updates

I've been messing with a few ideas I've had lately. I've been programming some systems and a few other things I had a few ideas about to see what happens. I haven't really tried to throw them together or make an idea for a game yet, but we'll see what comes of it.

A good friend of mine and developmental teammate, DungeonDan, has recently challenged me to a personal developmental contest between he and I. He wants to see which one of us can produce the best game between now and next weekend. His challenge stated: 1 bit icons, at least 5 quests, an apparent main goal and it must retain the fun factor. I'm glad he challenged me to a contest involving basic graphics. He's the Pixel Artist and I'm the programmer. It seems he inadvertently set himself up with the disadvantage. I love a good gentlemen's competition between friends ;)

Simple Developments Guild

The initial contest is now over with Heyya46 and his entry, "Luck", claiming victory. I want to personally thank all of the participants: Heyya46, Dj dovis and Laserdog for their submissions. Hopefully we see more participation out of those guys in future contests with a few more developers stepping in as well. Keep an eye out for the next one!

We're still not getting alot of submissions for listing. We've only received 4 submissions so far. EmpirezTeam has been recently impressed, however, with Deltoid by Kyle_ZX. It's a simple, yet fun game with unique gameplay and an innovative chat system. His almost daily updates, as well as his most recent update continue to place more gameplay onto the table. Is this the beginning of a simple game turned into a developmental marvel? Only time will tell.

Well, that's about all I have for today. Thanks again to our contest participants and look forward to more mindless blabbering by yours truly in the near future.

Also, I've been working on a followup to my recently popular posts entitled "It isn't about the size". If there's anything else I can add that hasn't been said yet, I'll certainly throw it out there.

Thanks for reading.
"Well, that's about all I have for today. Thanks again to our contest participants and look forward to more mindless blabbering my yours truly in the near future." .. [by] not my o.o.

Nice update though Yusuke.
SilencedWhisper wrote:
"Well, that's about all I have for today. Thanks again to our contest participants and look forward to more mindless blabbering my yours truly in the near future." .. [by] not my o.o.

Nice update though Yusuke.

Mini typos happen. Thx for bringing it to my attention.
If I ever have the time and my host/co-coder gets back to me, I'll submit SigmaWarcards.
Very interesting. A monochrome type of a game. :P
You judged a contest with 3 entries... o_*
I have already started doing my game for are contest hope you all like it seeing i cant programe to save my life i know anof to get it done quest might make this hard for me but i will do it
This is my second comment to his post. I think a contest involving creation of monochromatic games would work great. See who can dish out incredible games through the use of 1-bit color schemes (most common is black and white, though other two color schemes can be done).
You can't seriously blame Yusuke for not having a certain number of entrants. Those who can code should be ashamed for skipping out on a contest this simple, their are plenty of programmers who could've outdid the winner's game.

It's nice he was even willing to throw together such a contest, but unfortunately he didn't get a lot of entrants. :(