ID:116889

Keywords: progress
Progress was poor this week.

Part of it was because I'm once again in the conceptual phase, trying to figure out exactly how I want to bring this game to playable. As has ever been the case, it seems I want to create an open-ended RPG heavy with dynamic content and meaningful ramifications for the players' actions. That this is something that has never been accomplished in the history of computer game development should probably be a fair warning of its difficulty. However, I put a great deal of thought towards it, and have some interesting ideas along these lines.

Part of it was because I had some real life obligations that caused frequent interruptions so it was hard to convince myself to get deep into working on my game knowing I'd just be dragged off it again. I tried shutting down my instant messengers - it's hard for other people to understand just how disruptive being assailed with instant messages is for an avoidant individual - but I can't shut down life.

Regardless, I figure that as long as I can write at least one line of code a day, I'm meeting my obligation to, "Never stop coding."
*sigh*. Typed a long thing, accidentally navigated and FF decided my long thing was so unimportant that it deleted it.

In short, lol at one line of code a day thing and did you every settle on a med?
Heh, the one line of code thing is more along the lines of getting myself to start coding each day. It's funny how taking that first step will often lead to more.

At the moment, they've got me on Wellbutrin XL. It hasn't done much for me mentally, but it has helped me lose quite a bit of weight. That's been good for my motivation in general.
Now aim for 100 lines of code a day, and you'll be well on your way to completing your obligation to finish a game before the Übermensch takes over the world.
Yut Put wrote:
like hazordhu?
The context of this is unclear.

Toadfish wrote:
Now aim for 100 lines of code a day, and you'll be well on your way to completing your obligation to finish a game before the Übermensch takes over the world.

Failing that, perhaps I can get hired on by them as a diabolic doctor madly plotting in some laboratory somewhere. Even if they pay me in beer and sausages, it'd be more than I'm making now.