ID:117027

Redundant
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
Would it be possible to change Enter to send the message that you're typing and Ctrl+Enter to add a new line?

It's a personal preference thing, I know, but nearly every IM program uses Enter to send and Ctrl+Enter to add a line and it just works better, in my opinion.
Since when was the pager an instant messenger, it's soooooooo slooooooow.
To keep up with "nearly every IM program," BYOND would also have to change how the pager looks completely. It's not an IM program, it's there to let you know when something updates (hence pager). It just has the added bonus of letting you talk to people.
I among many others use the BYOND Pager as an IM program solely because some people we want/need to talk to don't use messengers such as MSN, or AIM. Using the BYOND Pager may be excruciatingly slow, but it's still something to use.
I agree that it's not meant for IM, it just feels strange that enter does not send the message.

Besides that, this change would only affect when you write or send a message, which is when you use it as a messenger program, so it's only going to affect that portion of the pager anyways.

I can understand not making the change, but if the reason is "it's not a chat program", then why can it function like one? (albeit a slow one)
LordAndrew resolved issue (Redundant)