ID:1170562

Resolved
The width of the pager in expanded mode was too low at startup for people on certain screen resolutions.
BYOND Version:498.1169
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 19.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: The horizontal size of the pager when started in the expanded version of the pager is smaller than when the pager is expanded into the expanded mode.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Ensure that the pager is in the expanded mode.
2) Completely close the pager.
3) Open the pager.
4) Notice the horizontal length of the pager.
5) Collapse the pager.
6) Expand the pager.
7) Notice the horizontal length of the pager compared to the size that it was in step number four.

Expected Results: For the length of the pager to remain the same in the expanded mode.

Actual Results: The length of the pager is smaller when it is started in the expanded mode initially, and longer when it is expanded manually.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime.
In other games? N/a.
In other user accounts? Untested.
On other computers? Untested.

Workarounds: Leave the pager in the collapsed mode.

Possibly unrelated: While testing this, I ran into this instance twice, which appears to be the home tab for the expanded mode overtop of the games page of the collapsed version of the pager. I was unable to find a way to have this happen reliably.

I don't really follow this report. I tested but could find no inconsistencies in length. I forget if the 1169 build tries to stay centered or expands to the right. The version I'm using now expands to the right, and in that I'm seeing no discernable change in the length. If your version centers, I wonder if it's just moving.
As far as I can tell, the pager doesn't try to center, but will shift over to the left if expanding it would result in the pager falling off of the screen. The difference is about 200 pixels in size and does have some visible differences.

When the pager is initially started up in the expanded mode, it appears at about 740 pixels in size,
 photo PagerHome740_zps0b84a703.png

After collapsing and then expanding the pager, results in the pager being about 930 pixels in size.

photo PagerHome930_zps011735fd.png

Note: This advertisement located along the bottom does load up, I just took the screenshot before it finished loading.
I've experienced the same behavior, but the difference in size isn't as much.

The left side was perfectly aligned, this is the top right corner.

Expanding the window vertically, or click on any of the borders of the windows resets the window back to it's proper 930x size.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The width of the pager in expanded mode was too low at startup for people on certain screen resolutions.