ID:117163

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'm not really sure how to be descriptive of this, but would it at all be possible to add a feature where we could use our own controllers for game character movement? I for example have a Playstation 3 system. With a PS3 controller connected to a USB port, we could have a setting in the the Options and Messages screen in Dream Seeker to set the controller buttons as macros. As PS3 owners know, these controllers connect to the system via a USB port. I know for a fact they can connect to the computer since I use mine for certain things. I hope we can use our controllers to control our characters with the BYOND program.
This would probably get put on the backburner in favor of other features for now, so might I recommend using an external program for the time being?
In addition, for single-player things, there's a dll to use controllers.
I use emulators and roms all the time... I use my PS3 controller for those. That's why I suggested a feature to allow them here.
If you want, you could always use Joy2Key to set up your macros to your controller by assigning keyboard inputs.

I use this program almost religiously, as I myself have a controller that I often like to use for games that don't support controllers. It's extremely helpful.