J_AI

by Johan411
J_AI
Give your npc's more intelligence and feel with J_AI, also comes with some very unique features!
ID:117192

Version: 3.00

Features:

• AI

• Combat system

• Fully commented code

I'm always looking for suggestions and comments also if you want to see any features just leave me a comment or message me through the BYOND pager.

Download for V2.50 Here
Click Here to see more creations by Johan411
It's very bad practice to comment every line. It's unnecessary and makes this very unreadable.
Thank you for your feedback DivineTraveller this is pretty much one of my first library's I've made and actually commented. In future updates I will try to work on that.

DivineTraveller wrote:
It's very bad practice to comment every line. It's unnecessary and makes this very unreadable.

Updated! hope this fixes a few things and makes it easier to read.
Omg I love this demo thank you very much it helped alot
Yep, your welcome happy i could help
Very nice, thanks for this. Saves me so much time =D
Okay, a couple of issues off the bat:
Setting loop_checks to 0 is a very bad idea. You should be able to do an event loop without needing this.
Also, putting all the rpg guts in AI.dm is poor form for a library and not super for a demo- split it to its own file as it shouldn't be necessary for a simple AI loop.
The loop itself seems to use states to determine activity, but instead of having 1 var reflecting mob state, you have a bunch (active, fighter, etc).

I would recommend you take a look at Deadron's event loop to see a good implementation of an event loop and simple behavior schemes.
Jmurph wrote:
Setting loop_checks to 0 is a very bad idea. You should be able to do an event loop without needing this.
Also, putting all the rpg guts in AI.dm is poor form for a library and not super for a demo- split it to its own file as it shouldn't be necessary for a simple AI loop.
The loop itself seems to use states to determine activity, but instead of having 1 var reflecting mob state, you have a bunch (active, fighter, etc).

I would recommend you take a look at Deadron's event loop to see a good implementation of an event loop and simple behavior schemes.

Thanks for the comments and idea. I'm going to be releasing a new update pretty soon that uses my new JEvent library. This update may take me awhile to complete, seeing that i am a full time student.

The demo worked fine a while back but recently somethings happened. When ever the player and an NPC make contact the demo crashes and needs to shut. Got any solutions please?

P.S.
I re-downloaded and the same thing happens
It's the loop, sometimes NPCs keep trying to attack the player and the loop keeps running till it crashes.
In response to Jmurph
Jmurph wrote: