ID:117210

So lately Ive been having these insanely intense urges to make an action game using Forum_Accounts great library. Unfortunately I cannot program. So Im here today wondering if any decent programmers out there are willing to collaborate on a small project.

made this player sprite complete with several animations. The arms aren't included in some frames because they're going to be made separate from the main sprite,reducing some of the hassle of animating.

What i had originally planned is a small platformer shoot em up. players create games in a lobby based environment with several different game types.

Anyone interested could contact me by email:
[email protected]
Personally, I'd wait for BYOND's native pixel movement update, rather than use a soft coded library ;)
Jeff8500 wrote:
Personally, I'd wait for BYOND's native pixel movement update, rather than use a soft coded library ;)

^ Truth.
Kumorii wrote:
Jeff8500 wrote:

^ Truth.

I agree.
HM, true. guess ill continue making art then :)
Thats some great work though, nicely done, keep it up.
Thanks.
I always wanted to get a side scrolling project done, But package sharing was always a problem when making a decent one with multiplaying options etc.

P.s the machine looks nice!! perspective on the cliffs 3/4 though
You are just beast!
@chris-Thanks, but its not 3/4ths that i added a slight angle to the perspective just to to avoid it from being directly on the side. added another image to show perspective i chose little better.
I like. I like a lot.
Why even bother complementing him when he's got so many fan boys/girls?

I will say that the head looks kind of weird when he's transitioning from walking to jumping. Sorry, it's just a bit hard for my brain to follow the transition. :(
@truseeker: Im going to overlook your first comment. But I slowed down the .Gif for you, hopefully this would solve the confusion.

@yut:
The tank was actually made before the player sprite and i hadn't intend on using it in the game just as it is now.I simply reused my pallet.

I'll definitely be reworking this. I added a few tiles :)
Ohh a lobby based Environment! Anything like this one which i mocked up for a suggestion for TanX :O?

Anyway Great art as usual :)
If you put this game into action, I would love to be a part of the programming team. There should be someone a little more experienced with sidescrollers than myself as the head programmer, but I can hold my own. Especially with a slight nudge of direction.

I'm totally digging the sprites. You're a beast!
Yusuke. :) your doing a brilliant job with everything. I also notice i have been given privileges somewhere, So i'll just go and play around with that then :)
Thanks for the compliment and the help Teka. You're the best!
@Teka
Yeah that's basically how i envisioned it
:)

@yusuke
unfortunately Ive had no luck finding anyone, at least not yet.Id actually love to get this rolling.
I'm a decent programmer. I just struggle horribly with interfaces :(
The visual aspect? We could could always keep them to the bare minimum(a health and ammo indicator would be all we'd really need.)
Page: 1 2