ID:117239

Not a bug
BYOND Version:489
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Firefox 5.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I create turfs in the my game, which is an isometric icon game, if the z level is above 16 (like 32, 48) the turfs below it get deleted. This also happens during mapping as well. Here is a picture of the description:
(In Game) - http://i51.tinypic.com/1z3wg9y.png
(Mapping) - http://i51.tinypic.com/2nc4h75.png

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Check code, put in 32

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob/verb/TestMakeSnow()
var/pixSnow=input(usr,"What is the pixel z?","0 16 32 48") as num
var/turf/P = new/turf/Z1/Snow(usr.loc)
P.pixel_z=pixSnow
turf
Z1
icon='Minecraft_Blocks.dmi'
density=1
Grass
icon_state="Grass"
Stone
icon_state="Stone"
Sand
icon_state="Sand"
Water
icon_state="Water"
Snow
icon_state="Snow"

Expected Results:
For the bottom turf to stay the same...

Actual Results:
View pictures.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime.

In other games?
Yep.

In other user accounts?
Yep.

On other computers?
Yep.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Workarounds:
Well, in mapping I've found out that after I put the higher z level turfs in, I can fill in the turfs they take out and get it to look right once again, but the only draw back with this is that then the bottom turf that I put in is at the top of the list so when my Enter() proc chooses what to do with the usr's pixel_z it makes him go down, because he runs into the lower proc instead of the bigger one. But besides that...
You're clicking instead of Ctrl+clicking; the normal behavior of clicking now is to replace turfs instead of stack them, specifically because this is more to be expected in isometric mode. If you want to change this to use the old behavior you can set the options in the map editor.

Likewise in-game you're replacing the turf outright, not preserving an image of the old one as an underlay.
Actually while mapping, I have it already set to "Click to insert, Ctrl click to replace". I moved it to the other one and tried it as well and still got the same problem. It's getting rid of the turf no matter if I replace or insert.
This may actually be a different issue then; pixel offsets of underlays aren't respected by the map loader, for reasons I have still not managed to suss out. I'm pretty sure the old bug report on this is still open (but deferred).