ID:1173136

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I know that Game Updates is meant to work for mock-ups, and other things about a game, and I'm fine with that; as long as its games that are in alpha or later.

What I'd like to see is a In-Progress Updates, Pre-Development, Conceptual Updates, or whatever you might like to call it forum section. If I had to write a short description for this section, it would be as followed.

Mock-ups, Concepts, Previews, and Demos for Pre-Alpha stage projects!

This is targeted at games that don't have a name and/or hub yet, and any other cases where the game is simply not ready for the Game Updates section. Granted, it'll be less common to not have a hub soon, but some developers like to wait to make that until release is closer; I'm one of them. The what are you working on sticky also helps prove this could be useful too, at least in my opinion.

Also, I know something like this has been mentioned before, but is there any way we could get a color change on the types of posts in Game Updates, and if the color system is used on it then this new section too?

If you don't want to change the colors entirely, even just changing the pending color would be very appreciated. I can't speak for everyone, but for me I had to actually sit up and look a little closer at my screen to see the difference. The palette is not friendly for my eyes as is, but having the pending just being a slightly darker version of fan-games makes it really rough for me.

I believe this new forum section could greatly assist in recovering some of the good we may have lost during the removal of some site features; so I feel this is somewhat of a compromise. Either way, I know this isn't required or top priority, but I do hope its added.
We used to have a Creations forum, where people could show off their WIPs and stuff.

Also, might be same idea as the stuff mentioned in id:977468? Might be a good idea for a mod to merge it there, since this is pretty much discussed there.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Hm, no idea how I forgot about that topic but it is pretty similar. I'd want posts to be able to be made in this section with or without the post being connected to an existing hub, but other than that its about right so a merger makes sense.

Heh, sorry about that. I just encountered this stuff today so it came to mind. There's a topic about the colors somewhere, too, might have to just merge all three or this one would fit in with either I guess. It just seems like simple, and easy yet useful ideas.