Resource Center V4.2.23
Total Unique Users: 2186
Total New Users Since Last Update: 61
Total User Visits Since Last Update: 254
Total Bonuses Given: 95665
Total Bonuses Given Since Last Update: 3050
Total Asset Submissions: 194
Total Approved Asset Submissions: 105
Total Asset Submissions Since Last Update: 1
Total User Earnings: $373
Total User Earnings Since Last Update: $2
Total Withdraw Amount: $187
Total Withdraw Amount Since Last Update: $11
Total User Silver: 241833
Command Sergeant Major: 1 - (Active Payout Earnings: 21112)
Sergeant Major: 1 - (Active Payout Earnings: 935)
Sergeant First Class: 1 - (Active Payout Earnings: 2105)
Corporal: 1 - (Active Payout Earnings: 331)
Private First Class: 2 - (Active Payout Earnings: 2187)
Private: 215 - (Active Payout Earnings: 8157)
Recruit: 885 - (Active Payout Earnings: 4346.3)
Total Contributors: 69
Poplava Collaboration Project:- Posted the following ad in the BYOND classified section. As soon as I post this, I'll be working on answering all the questions and responding to feedback. After-which, I will dive into organizing the first project and see how far we can take this.
Poplava Development Team
Poplava is looking for a team of developers to work on many games.
The goal is to develop an onslaught of games which are specifically designed to generate revenue.
- Proven game developers or anyone that has been trying for years and has a healthy backlog of unfinished games.
- Can demonstrate previous works with spiffy interfaces.
- Anyone with a good idea.
- If you submit an accepted game design or prototype, you will lock in a percentage of any earnings. The more detailed the design document, the greater you investment will be.
- If you submit a simple one pager and it gets accepted and built, you would get an appropriate cut.
- Give us a try. Our projects will have monthly releases so people can bounce around as needed.
- If you think you have the energy to manage people, projects, tasks, and code over the course of a month or so, we can give you a try. Having previous development experience is an absolute must and you will undergo a more thorough review process. The first thing a project manager will most likely do is find a project and start writing a ton of documentation for several weeks.
- If you have other skills, let us know what those are and we'll see if we can find some projects for you to work on.
- When any Poplava game earns the entire development team earns based on their rank. Rank is determined by your contributions. It's a really interesting system that provides a great deal of flexibility and encourages team work. The Resource Center already handles the distribution of earnings and will be used for this project.
- Poplava is a non-profit organization.
- The owner of Poplava (tsfreaks) is treated just like any other contributor and must work for his share.
- The Resource Center has been online since 2010 and has proven to be a trustworthy resource for users and contributors alike. Hopefully, that little bit of reputation can help ease some concerns with trust which can be one of the toughest barriers to get past.
Team Members (Optional):
- All Resource Center contributors.
- Going forward, I would hope that we can be respectfully known as "The Poplava Development Team".
- All contributor resources which are volunteered will be available to all Poplava projects. As an example, all tsfreaks resources will be made freely available to all active projects.
Previous Work (Optional):
The following projects were written by tsfreaks. Some of which have yet to be released and there are many more years worth of examples and prototypes I will be throwing into the mix. The hexagon based strategy game that most of you have seen is slated as one of the possible projects.
- Resource Center
- Tower Defense: Clone Wars
- Dungeons of Dueragnome
- As a contributor, you have the freedom to work on a project, skip it, or even just tweak it a little. As we get started, there will be some ramp up time as projects get put together and design docs get created. My hope is that a few of you are more interested in succeeding at something vs continuing to toil on the perfectly impossible game.
tsfreaks is spear heading the first project with Snipe Fest which is ready to start. This project needs two devs and optionally an artist to get us through the V1 features.
- One dev will be focused on primarily the sniping functionality.
- Second dev will be focused on interface items such as chat, lobby, and in-game store framework.
- If we get an artist, they will have avatars and a map to work on.
- PM (tsfreaks) will organize efforts, field spec questions, update documentation, and crank away on the V2 spec. He will also provide the starting interface and project.
Here you can see the level of organization and forethought that will go into our projects.
- Each of those documents is loaded with content. In another folder on the document share, there is more documentation about how the whole system works including information on workflow, compensation, and etc.
- As a general practice, all projects will be designed to release once a month. We are hoping that contributors will be able to maintain solid energy levels for monthly releases. By working together and sharing in the rewards, I think we will be able to achieve a great deal.
If your interested in learning more, please go here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/ 1V_bMgbbpVEcTpVYfmxtMGlFyBo_FvmnelY99XnblCxk/edit?hl=en_US
We can be reached via the Resource Centers messaging system or by email which is email@example.com.
Poplava Resource Center:- A few people have gotten themselves banned over the last couple of months for screwing around with certain fields. Don't do it because auto ban and grossly detailed logging is in full effect and if you submit certain things, your just done. I'm in no hurry to unban people either. You've been warned.
Poplava Challenge #1:- A success in terms of completing it on time and as intended but the turn out wasn't such a great success. A lot of people started and then just faded toward the end. I would consider holding these often if I knew that people were going to actually participate. Anyone have suggestions on how to increase our participation?
Poplava Collaboration Project:- Respond to all the questions and feedback.
- Update the documentation
- Kick start the Snipe Fest project
- Work with potential Project Managers and see if we can work out a solid brain storming method to hash out new project ideas. A couple of you expressed interest in doing this, please drive things from your end to help move this thing along. I'm expecting some google chat conversations to take place.
Resource Center:- I've racked up a number of tasks over the last couple of weeks that I am going to tackle.
- I'm also going start implementing the changes for the Collaboration Projects.
- If I can get a second dev for the starter project, that will free up time for making those changes as well as managing the entire effort. That's where I should really spend the most time.
Poplava Challenge #1:- Dish out the prizes and close it out.
- Solicit feedback and suggestions for another one.
Connect: Resource Center