ID:117554

BYOND Version:489
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.20
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
My Linux console gave me the following:

BUG: Sequence number C5BE expected but 8D61 received
BUG: Unable to read icon 679
BUG: Unable to read icon 679
BUG: Corrupt block header
BUG: Fmem block size at 0 is 1819438967/1414266 with type 100.
BUG: Error reading file memory structureFile offset: 0
Real position: 5/1414266
BUG: Failed to load /root/Snap/Snap.rsc
BUG: Copying corrupt data to buggy.rsc. Please contact BYOND Support at http://www.byond.com/support/.
BUG: Missing or invalid Snap.rsc file (0/650 resource files found)

My game was being hosted, when I came back the .rsc file was a fraction of the size it should be and nothing is loading properly.

I've uploaded buggy.rsc, dyn.rsc, and the bugged .rsc itself.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Host Game
2. Random amount of time passed
3. Error

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
No errors

Actual Results:
Errors

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Unknown (Random?)
In other games? Unknown
In other user accounts? Most likely
On other computers? Unknown (Most likely)

When does the problem NOT occur?
Unknown (Random?)

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
This has never happened until I upgraded fairly recently from about 478

Workarounds:
Replace with a new .rsc file.

Extra Info:
Usually the .rsc file is around 28MB which includes both icons, sounds, and music.
The game uses a LOT of dynamic icons (minimum of one (for each player mob icon)) and that doesn't include things like clothing.

- Running on Linux dist. CentOS 5
- Savefiles are server-side.
- BYOND handled uploads are done by me and that is just to update the .dmb file. There are however items I give to people who are doing pixel art for me and want to test their icons out. The item lets them upload and set their own icon as the obj's icon.
- Sounds are run as .wav's. Music is max compressed .ogg's (for some reason the first time a music track downloads for a client, it plays overtop of the old music track whcih was already playing. However once the track has been downloaded and played, the second time it comes to the same scenario, it loads the music and stops the old music fine).
- The rest are just icons, a few big ones but mostly reguar size.
Just to let you know, I did download the files you provided and the buggy .rsc appears to be a coppy of your .dmb file. This suggests that at some point, the .dmb was copied over the .rsc. I can think of absolutely nothing in our code that would cause this, but that doesn't rule out a bug. However I recommend checking your system for anything that might be copying files around, or recompiling, that sort of thing.
Moving to Unverified for lack of followup. Suspect this is not a BYOND bug.