Mines & Flags

by Complex Robot
Mines & Flags
A board game of unknown possibilities.
ID:117616

It's a multiplayer board game, where, every turn, players secretly place either a mine or a flag.

If players place mines or flags on the same spot, then they have to play rock-paper-scissors to determine who gets the spot.

If a player places a flag on a spot with a mine, the spot blows up and the player that placed the flag loses health. (Losing all health causes you to sit out for the rest of the game.)

The winner is the player who has placed the most flags at the end of the game.

You can customize your avatar and play with a game of up to 16 players. There are A.I. computer players you can play against if no one else is there to play!
In the controls you mixed up the instructions for which mouse does mine/flag.
You're right.
I did. I'll fix that right away.
I bet that added some confusion.
Deciding for the Simple developments poll : hmm

Game has promise i like the interactive AI battles and how it's programmed, seems fun though it's not something you can figure out at a glance.

Hmm i find myself at a point where every tile is occupied either be a mine a flag or an ash pile.. but no idea what to do next? there was no rock paper scissors decisions this time, i remove flags replace with mines, and the other way round, but nothing seems to do anything.

It says i must place 5 items but due to me only have 3 tiles available at the beginning of my turn then i have 2 items i cant place anywhere..

Is there a end turn button i can't find?
Teka123 wrote:
Hmm i find myself at a point where every tile is occupied either be a mine a flag or an ash pile.. but no idea what to do next? there was no rock paper scissors decisions this time, i remove flags replace with mines, and the other way round, but nothing seems to do anything.

It says i must place 5 items but due to me only have 3 tiles available at the beginning of my turn then i have 2 items i cant place anywhere..

Is there a end turn button i can't find?

It should end automatically if that happens, unless there's a bug. Are you sure you've placed something on the tile your character is standing on? (The tile you're standing on is still empty.)
[EDIT]
Also have the latest version?
Well i downloaded it about 2 hours ago.

here's a screeny:http://files.byondhome.com/Timmy/MandFscreenshot.jpg

EDIT:
Now that i read the in game text? did it just say i defeated both of my Ai opponenets?
Yes. I believe I fixed it since then.
[EDIT]
I'll look over the code and see if I missed something, though.
I just found the bug with the code.
It was allowing everyone to place flags/mines over other people's flags. Hence, why it thought you could keep playing even though the board was covered. (And this also made the A.I. seem crazily powerful if you didn't abuse the glitch as well. XD)
I am officially this game's first fan.
Ohh i'm sorry but.. i'm the second fan then. glad you sorted that bug :D banner and icon are awesome (lol)

:)
Yeah, I've got some updates coming soon.
I'm hosting it. Good time to do some testing :D
Also, I'll host it or whatever.
I'm paying for it. I might as well use it for something. Besides, that way you don't have to leave your computer running all night.
I have a shell that I can use.
Okay then
Teka123 wrote:
banner and icon are awesome (lol)

Hm, maybe some medal icons would be cool, too? *hint hint*

I've never made a medal icon before, and who do you think i am!

I'm not known for gfx because i'm just.. average at best.