ID:117638

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Is there a possibility of adding submenus to the interface's menu creation?

Such as:

Chat
Toggle > On
> Off

Currently having several commands makes the menu's listing bulky and unappealing. This is more of an aesthetic request, but would also keep things more organized.
For toggle options, you could just make them check-boxes. Though, I could see sub-menus being generally useful.
Bump. Support+
Um, for On/Off you use a "checkable" which puts a tick next to the option. So for example:

Help
[tick]Show // It's showing.

Help
[]Show // It's not showing.

That way you jut use one verb called Show_Help() instead of Help_Off() Help_On() which is really weird.
I don't think you understand what he's saying, RHD.

He wants a subcategory in the menu setting for the interface (which is the drop down menu you can set up in the interface file). This way there would be a few categories, then you click the category to open all verbs that fall under that category.

Example:

The menu button is named menu

menu
chat
---ooc
---say
help
---combat
---chatting

so clicking menu, you would see chat and help. Clicking chat, the ooc and say would be revealed. Clicking help, combat and chatting would be revealed but be hidden until clicking it.
In response to Yusuke13
Chat Toggle > On > Off

I quote. Was just explaining that's not how you do on/off. It's not that I don't understand what a submenu is.

With your example you'd do it like this anyway:

Still see no point in such a verbose menu structure.
You see no point, sub menus are still a must have.. in many programs.
No point in submenus? What?

We actually can create submenus during runtime, by creating a menu, and setting it's parent as another menu's id, via winset()

We just do not have an interface for it on the interface editor.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Oh you misinterpreted me, I didn't mean no point in sub menus at all. Look no further than your Windows start menu if you're on Windows. There's the 3 click rule, to get anywhere should take 3 clicks or less.

What I'm saying is that the situation they've provided aren't good situations to use submenus, not that there shouldn't be sub menus at all and like you said there is a way of doing them which actually I did not know so thanks.
SSX, you should create and publish a demo of this =)
++ I don't think I would personally use it at the moment, but it's defiantly needed.