ID:1179595

Not a bug
BYOND Version:498.1171
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 26.0.1410.12
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
I consider this a bug, because it's a changed (neglected?) behavior from the original pager.

You do not appear on your own friends list anymore, but if you 'Lookup' yourself, you are highlighted as if you're a friend.
What's the main benefit to showing up in your own friends list, in that regard?
You can see how you appear to others (in terms of status, games you're on), and you have quick access to a user page in which you can test pager systems without disrupting others.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
This is intended behavior. Personally I never minded the old way where you could friend yourself, but it was decided that this should no longer be an option and the user should be hidden from their own list.
The later seems like it's quite a minor (and tester oriented) thing, so I wouldn't especially worry about that.

The how you appear to others thing ... still also, isn't a big deal I think. It doesn't seem like a majority use-case for instance.

What that would represent is a feature, I think, a fairly minor one, so *shrug*. Could be implemented if they like, could not, I don't think it'll make much odds to most users or they'll even notice. Don't think it's the end of the world that it's here in the bug list either.

As I suspect the original "feature" was more an implementation detail (no self filter on the friends list?), than a very intentional method of working that was in the old pager, I wouldn't call it a bug, for the future. A bug would more represent defective behaviour in a stated or commonly understood feature, not any and every regression of implementation details between the two versions.

After all, we don't want to end up going the Microsoft route, and implementing a mess, just because "The old version had it". New pager means a good opportunity to look freshly on what it should be doing, and needs.