Bandock wrote:
Very nice demo! :D

BTW, you can click on your mob in the demo to enlarge him, which will allow him to push the big block. That's an example of the native big icon handling.
Nerded.
Wow, didn't even know that.

Just tried it now and works perfectly. :D
Bandock wrote:
Wow, didn't even know that.

Just tried it now and works perfectly. :D

Read the comments in the demo. They are very nice.
Tom, would it be possible for you to add in the ability to put multiple bounding boxes on one mob? IE: If we want to in a side scroller include the function to jump onto an extended arm?
Tom wrote:
Bandock wrote:
Very nice demo! :D

BTW, you can click on your mob in the demo to enlarge him, which will allow him to push the big block. That's an example of the native big icon handling.

Oh my. Hello Tom.
BYOND needs a built-in method of detecting simultaneous direction key presses (UP and LEFT at the same time for example) if you're going to build in pixel movement.
This is great news. I may port over my Cave Dwellers game to this newer system.
The peoples republic of china wrote:
BYOND needs a built-in method of detecting simultaneous direction key presses (UP and LEFT at the same time for example) if you're going to build in pixel movement.
As for the pixel movement itself, it seems mostly okay, except it's a bit jerky/sluggish/choppy, especially when changing directions.
@The peoples republic - Thats because of the shrug he added.
Ryuk25 wrote:

Ryuk25 wrote:

This is as built-in as it needs to be, if you ask me. You don't need anything more than key-downs and key-ups.
Naokohiro wrote:
Ryuk25 wrote:

This is as built-in as it needs to be, if you ask me. You don't need anything more than key-downs and key-ups.

Yes you do.

Naokohiro wrote:

I disagree. Catching more than one key-up or key-down per tick would be a great improvement. Even just separating mouse functions from this limit would be a drastic improvement.
P.S. Well, damn it. This is the first day in weeks that I've sat down and actually wrote something... and now I have to rewrite the whole thing.
Hiro the Dragon King wrote:
Naokohiro wrote:

I disagree. Catching more than one key-up or key-down per tick would be a great improvement. Even just separating mouse functions from this limit would be a drastic improvement.

Oh, I see what you mean. That could be very nice.
The movement state doesn't seem to be functioning properly for me. It's flickering like crazy instead of being a steady loop until I let go of the key.

I set the step size to 4. It's as if it's flicking the movement state every step it takes. The FPS is 50.
@Fugs - You have to play with the ticks in the icon_state.
That's what I've been doing... Nothing's helping.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7