cool man its cool
I seem to remember this being something that annoyed me even before this update. The movement state would constantly flicker back to the original state every so often. It was less noticeable in the crappy tiled movement games, but it's 100% more noticeable here if it's the same issue. That seems to be what's going on.

Guess it's time to make my own loop. Heck, I would have had to do that anyways since I can't use two arrow keys at once in movement.

There. Perfect. :D
Yusuke13 wrote:
Ryuk25 wrote:
The peoples republic of china wrote:
BYOND needs a built-in method of detecting simultaneous direction key presses (UP and LEFT at the same time for example) if you're going to build in pixel movement.

So glad its finally here. I wonder how this will affect the Pixel Movement and Sidescroller Libraries.
They'll be more or less unnecessary. Seems a good loop movement proc is still necessary nonetheless though. Some people might need help with that.
Hot.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Hot.

Giggity indeed.
Fugsnarf wrote:
I seem to remember this being something that annoyed me even before this update. The movement state would constantly flicker back to the original state every so often. It was less noticeable in the crappy tiled movement games, but it's 100% more noticeable here if it's the same issue. That seems to be what's going on.

Please post a bug report with a demo. I'm sure it's something we can address. The multikey macros is also a good suggestion.
Very cool! Time for me to stop playing games, and get back to making them. Classes start next week for me, so there's no time to lose!

I am noticing the same undesirable behavior with how movement run from "repeated" macros doesn't always continue the movement state animation (in the demo). Hopefully that'll be an easy fix.

Nice demo, by the way. The Click() action was a nice touch.
That is awesome
I've been on the wall with BYOND for quite awhile now, then just nosing around this evening like I often do I found this post and I near wet myself. Thanks guys for surprising me, I didn't expect this for 6+ months minimum. I think perhaps I can make time to use the last 60 days of my membership well now. :D
Since these movement state issues have come up, I figure I'll link to a release back in the day that was actually supposed to fix basically the same issue.

http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=692782&single=1

Maybe that might help clear things up a bit.

I fix this by making my own loop for movement which changes my icon state when I hold down the key, and changes it back when I let go, to put it simply. What you guys did in that earlier release seemed like half-assed patchwork instead of doing it right, not to come off offensively..
I think I'm missing something. I ported over the vars from the demo and changed the bound height/width, but when I try to move I move very slowly. While in the demo the mob is moving at a normal speed.
Did you try changing world.fps?
Magicbeast20 wrote:
I think I'm missing something. I ported over the vars from the demo and changed the bound height/width, but when I try to move I move very slowly. While in the demo the mob is moving at a normal speed.

Did you increase world.fps? It says to do so in the reference.
Lummox JR wrote:
Did you try changing world.fps?

Yep. Set it at 40.
Does your project have a move delay built in? When I did some tests on NEStalgia I had to nix the move delay. There has to be something different about your project that's causing the change.
Lummox JR wrote:
Does your project have a move delay built in? When I did some tests on NEStalgia I had to nix the move delay. There has to be something different about your project that's causing the change.

Figured it out. It seems I had another world.tick_lag set and it messed with world.fps, at least that's what I think it was messing with.
I can enter this "legacy mode" right?
You don't have to make any code changes for legacy mode.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7