ID:117981

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
I'd like to ask for multicore support for games that use a considerably larger amount of CPU power. With smaller CPUs with more cores on the market, allowing for multicore CPU support would allow more people to host servers, allowing for more traffic for everyone in the BYOND community. I also ask this, as a frequent player of Space Station 13, which, due to the atmos system, is very demanding on a CPU. With the inclusion of multicore support, we could remove a lot of lag from our own game, which again, would allow us to bring in more players. I would be quite willing to support BYOND as a member if this feature were to be added. Thank you for considering this.
i support this
i'm commander shepard and this is my favorite request on the citadel
This has been suggested multiple times in the past and it was deemed not to be a priority at this time.
If BYOND wants to stay in the past, it can be a non-priority, sure. But it's 2011 now, and the server software shouldn't fall behind the standard like this.
It's a lot more difficult to change than you think. It's not that it isn't a priority, it's just too time-consuming to be of worth right now, I think.
unfortunatly it has been deemed that the coders are too lazy to implement this
I never said it was easy, but it IS becoming increasingly necessary. If you want to talk about less-necessary things that BYOND hasn't caught up to the modern age with, I could bring up the fact that BYOND is still not a Unicode program.