I haz the SAT's. None of these days work, unless you make a Winter Break one.
Theme: Cooking, Peace, Year 3000, Radioactive Tomato Paste.
IainPeregrine wrote:
the built-in pixel movement capabilities are still very new. I suggest that developers focus on their strong areas so as to save time, instead of trying to familiarize themselves with a completely new area of the language when they only have 1 day to do everything.

That's what's so great about the new built-in pixel movement. It's incredibly simple to use, it only took me a few minutes to get myself familiarized with it. I think it would be a very good idea to give developers some incentive to play around with the new features. GIAD entries are small, almost tech demo-like games, right? They're perfect for giving everyone a taste of what's possible and maybe shifting the general perspective away from tile movement, if only a little bit.

I think the timing of the release of pixel movement and the GIAD competition being a few weeks off is almost too perfect to be true. It would be a real shame to pass up this opportunity.
Themes: Obstacles, Ingredients, Music
Theme: Burst
Though it can be taken in different terms, it could be interesting to see faster paced games made with higher FPS and make use of pixel-movement.
Themes: Rocks, Lightning, Boats

Themes 2 the sequel: Cooking, Lightbulbs, Stay at home dads?
I like the idea of a music theme.
As do I.
Music theme! +1
I also like the idea of a music theme
I like "Settle" personally, 24th and 25th work best for me.
Also, I don't think I got an answer as to whether we can use multiple people to work on a project or if it's a solo event.
Zaltron wrote:
Also, I don't think I got an answer as to whether we can use multiple people to work on a project or if it's a solo event.

I haven't written up the official rules yet. In past years this was allowed, so long as the project was submitted by ONE person who would get any credit/money/etc.. I don't see any reason why I'd change this.
Funny poll.
No matter what dates you put, most people will always choose the latest ones. People love to procrastinate. (Including myself, but I chose the earliest one.)

(Also funny that it's a ruse. Sad that I have to wait.)
Page: 1 2