ID:118284

BYOND Version:490.1105
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 13.0.782.220
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Occasionally, overlays will be displayed improperly, with an overlay appearing behind the atom it's attached to. This only happens with changes to step_y and always happens within the same intervals. Now that I think about it, it may be happening with images and underlays as well. I shall check when I get home and update this in the comments.

Also, atoms on the same turf are not ordered by their step_y values as they are with their y values, meaning that an object with the a step_y of five can appear in front of an object with a step_y of 0.

I will post screen shots later, if necessary.
You have yet to provide a demo for this. I have been working on layering issues related to step positions but I have not seen any issues with overlays and I need more to go on.
I have fixed some potential sorting issues with SIDE_MAP, few of which could relate to overlays, but I haven't observed any issues with overlays and still need information (a demo or easily created set of conditions) to reproduce your issue. Some further sorting issues with isometric maps have also been addressed, though not yet completely.
Moved to Unverified for lack of confirmation. Several issues known to exist in SIDE_MAP may have been fixed in 490.1106 already. Nothing was ever observed wrong with overlays.