ID:118343

It has come to my attention that this site has a few very amusing things to it. #1. The community: Oh my my my, the community on this site is laughable. Stealing sources, saying others did it. Harassment. Stupidity. It's like I'm back in high school. If you aren't a cool kid, then you get trolled. This place is sad. #2. Programming: Depending on what category the game is it's pretty much the same kind of coding for most games, just different names and looks. So if you have anything remotely identical to someone else, you are a lying code/icon stealer. What people do not understand is people post open programming and codes. Not only that it isn't so hard to look at something and copy it. Sure it takes time and no one likes seeing their work posted all over but shit happens. I had things stolen, only thing I cared about was being called the one who stole. Everything I have has been giving, or OPENLY released to public or I made it myself. So grow up people. There's more to life than who is right and who is wrong on the INTERNET.
If you hate the community this much then how come you're still here?
Yeah, being one of the cool kids does have it's perks.
I find this community fairly easy to get around in without any trouble.
Oasiscircle wrote:
I find this community fairly easy to get around in without any trouble.

Because you have mindless "BYONDlings" who suck your genitals to please you. You have "respect".

Oh, and hai Vani~
@Masterdarwin: They're not mindless. I don't really appreciate you insulting my cast's community. ):
They just follow the cast and enjoy the events.
True. It's just a few. Most of them are pretty nifty, nice people. I apologize for what I said.

Depends on your perspective on the community, I guess. Br's and Nubs are hated while most rippers and dishonest people get by fine. And of course, Developers are always loved.
given*
SilencedWhisper wrote:
given*

.."given"? Why the correction, stranger? :c

#1. If you played more than generic fan games(REO, Naruto, etc.), you wouldn't have that problem.

#2. See above.
@ Masterdarwin: He means *given as in he agrees with you. You failed to discuss the view of Trolls. lololololol :(
I Host games for friends, that is why I am here. One does not have to like something to do something, as for defending myself? sorry, this post was made out of observation of people on servers of games I host, and observing arguments people made. And like I stated in the main body, and just like a few of you proved, you will argue or harass when you don't like something. Thank you for making my point clear.
lol i agree about the anime rips... they are fairly crappy plus people do claim that they own everything (I even state that Im making a game off of someone elses source if i do... usually its on the main page or the game itself...) but even then I put time and effort into the game to differentiate its self from other rips... Compare my Infinite worlds game to any zeta rip... Mine is much higher Quality with the occasional Original Icons, Turfs, Whatever.. and if i use something i will give credit unless those things were given out as "Free Source"... But even then i will still have the original guy coded in as admin or whatnot...
Same with Strais Outbreak Source... ive done alot of things with it (See Biohaze)... same with Aeon_Nova's Dead and walking...
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
lol i agree about the anime rips... they are fairly crappy plus people do claim that they own everything (I even state that Im making a game off of someone elses source if i do... usually its on the main page or the game itself...) but even then I put time and effort into the game to differentiate its self from other rips... Compare my Infinite worlds game to any zeta rip... Mine is much higher Quality with the occasional Original Icons, Turfs, Whatever.. and if i use something i will give credit unless those things were given out as "Free Source"... But even then i will still have the original guy coded in as admin or whatnot...
Same with Strais Outbreak Source... ive done alot of things with it (See Biohaze)... same with Aeon_Nova's Dead and walking...

That just fucked up your whole argument.
ExPixel wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

No it actually didn't, because he stated that if he modifies someone's FREE source, he keeps the original admins as admins to his modified version. People need to pay attention to what they read.
Vanitys_Blood_Harvest wrote:
ExPixel wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

No it actually didn't, because he stated that if he modifies someone's FREE source, he keeps the original admins as admins to his modified version. People need to pay attention to what they read.

Woah he never said he was getting any type of permission. And the way he said "coding the admins" in is so overused by those horrible rippers that it just makes him look bad. Apparently you weren't paying attention to what you were reading.
... actually most of the time i do get permission/blessings etc... like when I first announced i was using strai (falacy)'s Matrix code to make a GTA type game... he didnt mind... then again he probably said i would just fail... same with his outbreak, and LOZ source... just read his old forums (not hard to find)... it should all be there (probably have to check the archive for back in 05 or 06 but i cant remember too well....)
ExPixel wrote:
Vanitys_Blood_Harvest wrote:
ExPixel wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

Woah he never said he was getting any type of permission. And the way he said "coding the admins" in is so overused by those horrible rippers that it just makes him look bad. Apparently you weren't paying attention to what you were reading.

If it's a free source, it's open therefore no one needs permission to take, otherwise, people wouldnt post their source its common sense, I guess you lack that. Further more it doesn't make him look bad to at least keep the original admin team to any modified version. if you do not know what someone is talking about, or don't know anything yoruself, don't criticize people.
thank you vanity.
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
thank you vanity.

You are welcome.
Page: 1 2