ID:118438

Redundant
Applies to:DM Language

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
Right now the missile function projects images based on tiles. It would be nice if you could set a speed for them and have them use pixel movement.
I'd like to second this. I assume the missile function just tells the client to do the missile and doesn't actually constantly send the new location to the client (I hope so at least) so it's much more efficient than making your own missile type function, which we'd have to do if we use pixel movement.

A fireball projectile coming from 20 pixels under you and hitting the target 20 pixels behind them looks pretty bad. Haha.
I support this. Actually, it is easy. Just tell the client which speed and where to end and client does all the stuff.
I think the time it takes for the missile to get from point A to point B is the same as get_dist(A, B). Because of how missile() currently is, this feature request isn't possible unless it's an entirely new function. Of course, it's easily done using DM, but then it's not client-side.
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)

Animate() and hand-crafted projectiles make this request feasible.