ID:118439

Not a bug
BYOND Version:490.1
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Opera 9.80
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
You walk on the black part of the map that isn't mappable

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
use pixel movement

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
step_size = 4        
bound_x = 15
bound_y = 32
bound_width = 15
bound_height = 32

Actual Results:
you walk on black unmappable tile below mapped areas
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?everytime

When does the problem NOT occur?
when you don't use pixel movement

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

build before pixel movement beta version

Workarounds:
edit step size or dont use pixel movement

I was not able to reproduce your bug. Instead of marking this as Unverified however I'm closing it outright, because this is clearly a case of user error.

When I tested using the exact bounds and step_size you provided, I was able to move my mob such that its actual 32x32 icon went offscreen, but this is not surprising because you set the bounding box to start 32 pixels north of the icon itself (via bound_y=32). I was not able to take the bounding box itself over the edge of the map, which would have been an actual bug.

If you want a mob that's 15 pixels wide and 32 high, but want to stick with the confines of a normal 32x32 icon, then the correct bound_x would be 8 or 9 (depending on how your icon is centered) and bound_y would be 0.