ID:118720

BYOND Version:489
Operating System:Windows Server 2008 R2
Web Browser:Firefox 5.0
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Dream Daemon likes to randomly crash.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Changed a few things in the source around but
theirs never any errors and has only started happening recently as in a couple version ago.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Random sometimes it can go 48 hours then sometimes not even an hour.
In other games?No
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?When I am not hosting lol

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? I dont really remember but it wasnt even in the 80s Sorry Cant be more detailed. We have been always thinking it was something with the game. But everything has been looked thru.

Workarounds:None.

Heres the error windows gives me.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dreamdaemon.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e28b43b
Fault Module Name: byondcore.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e28b3fb
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000f6e92
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

While I can't reproduce this issue, I have narrowed it down to the routine that's causing it. Something is trying to grab the appearance of a turf that doesn't exist.

I can put in some logic to patch up that problem, but I can't guarantee it's a proper fix because the underlying condition isn't supposed to happen. I can say though that changing the map size could be related; again this should never happen, but the illogic is slightly less illogical if the map size is changing. It might help to know what parts of your code do that.

Although this crash has obviously happened, I'm putting this in Unverified till I know more because there's no way yet for me to reliably reproduce it. If there's some way you can get Windows to provide you some stack trace info that would be exceedingly helpful, but I don't know if Windows Server 2008 has such an option.
Okay Thanks. I will update with further info! Also I will look into Windows Severs ability to provide further info.