ID:118831

Keywords: game_in_a_day
As a Reminder: There are about four more days until the start of the sixth annual Game in a Day event.

Many of you have commented about needing a different day, but I have yet to receive a single email. A comment on my blog is not enough, you must send me an email with a request for a specific date. Without an email, I cannot respond with your personal theme. Please send emails to: [email protected]

I'd like to get a feel for the number of people who will be participating, and who those people are, so please comment on this post if you are planning to submit a game for the event.

If you have any other questions, now is the time to ask them.
I wanted to know. How long will it take you to "grade" all the games sent to you via email and then put them into a fancy HTML document to show us how everyone did?
A heads up: I will be streaming as I develop my entry for the GIAD! :)

I'll make a blog post about it once the stream is up and the GIAD has started.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
A heads up: I will be streaming as I develop my entry for the GIAD! :)

I'll make a blog post about it once the stream is up and the GIAD has started.

That sounds interesting. I would do the same thing if I was able.
Masterdarwin88 wrote:
I wanted to know. How long will it take you to "grade" all the games sent to you via email and then put them into a fancy HTML document to show us how everyone did?

Last year I was shooting for 2 weeks, but got sick and ended up having them online in 3 weeks. The year before that they were done in 2 weeks. The year before that took 3 months. The years before that I didn't organize the event, and the person who organized it disappeared. I was eventually given access to a zip file with all the submitted games and posted results 8 months after the event ended. The first event took 5 months.

This year I'm shooting for two weeks, but illness, or whatever, could push that back to three.
I'm participating.
I'll be participating.

I was curious though, it doesn't say anywhere in the rules but can two people work together on one game?
I'll be participating.
LordAndrew wrote:
I'll be participating.

I was curious though, it doesn't say anywhere in the rules but can two people work together on one game?

The game must be submitted by one BYOND key, and prizes (if any) will go to that one key. All communication regarding the submission will go through that one person. If you want to get help from other people, that's fine. You can even list them as helpers (or whatever) on the hub.

In other words, get as much help as you want, just don't send me a message saying "The team is WonderFrog and XxWillowFigsxX and l0rdM0neybu775 and izawaruMitsubishi, and tango_kai helped a little so give him 1/3rd as much as what you give other people, and YemenBaka did the title screen so he needs a medal, too."
IainPeregrine wrote:
LordAndrew wrote:
I'll be participating.

The game must be submitted by one BYOND key, and prizes (if any) will go to that one key. All communication regarding the submission will go through that one person. If you want to get help from other people, that's fine. You can even list them as helpers (or whatever) on the hub.

In other words, get as much help as you want, just don't send me a message saying "The team is WonderFrog and XxWillowFigsxX and l0rdM0neybu775 and izawaruMitsubishi, and tango_kai helped a little so give him 1/3rd as much as what you give other people, and YemenBaka did the title screen so he needs a medal, too."

Ah, alright. Thanks for clearing that up.
I plan to participate
I'm in if I can remember. Have done next to nothing lately with BYOND due to work.
Probably going to participate, depends on the theme.
I intend to participate.
I intend to PARTICIPATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I would love to participate in this.
I'll be in it this year.
Intending to participate, have my saturday night / sunday morning set aside.
I'll be winning.
I've got my entire weekend off, so I'm hoping to go the whole 24 hours this time :)
Page: 1 2