ID:1190037

Keywords: our, save, sos, survivors
Four hours after flying over the Pacific Ocean, American Airways Flight 674 was sent plummeting into the cold, watery abyss. The remaining survivors of the wreck have been washed ashore and players must survive by crafting weapons and tools as well as foraging for food in order to stay alive.

Can you survive?

*8 Playable Characters - (Bill, Leo, Alex, Jessie, Tiara, Tyrone, Ryan - Calus Corps, Nina)
*6 Professions - (hunter, medic, mechanic, chef, horticulture, explorer)
*Enviroment System - (Lighting, Weather)
*30+ Deadly island species
*100+ Craftable Weapons & tools
*1-4 Player Support
*Survive Time - Standings

Hub: http://www.byond.com/games/Brettpenzer/ SaveOurSurvivors?tab=index

Check discussion tab for more information.
You should consider getting rid of every edge for those turfs...
I like the look of the island at its present time, but i will try blend corners of turfs.

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm making a graphics pack for you, brett. I have blown sand dunes and lapping waves for the water line mostly done, using a 16x16 tile, checker variation to decrease visible tiling.

Just gotta get some rocks to break up visual monotony, some palm trees, and a handful of grass and plant decorations for your map.

When I'm done, I'll give you some pointers on how to achieve pleasant visual styles while maintaning fidelity, and where you are going wrong with your choice of colors and perspective.
i'm very greatful that you are making a graphics pack for the game

but i must admit that the image is from a long time ago and thats the starting island where it has very limited resources.
Still working on these. Had to take some time off for weekend plans, though. This is where I'm at so far.

Decided to axe the checkerboard idea, because it was getting too involved, and went up to 32x32:

Yut Put wrote:
From what I learned after making Zen, the key to making a good survival game(or any game, for that matter) is to make sure every action your player takes has a very meaningful impact on the game. This engages your player and makes them enjoy your game more, because they care more about the decisions they make.

Well it's going to be a challenge to survive but wielding character skills will make better survivors.

Players must plan out there days on the island.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Still working on these. Had to take some time off for weekend plans, though. This is where I'm at so far.

Decided to axe the checkerboard idea, because it was getting too involved, and went up to 32x32:

Wow, they look great.

Just gonna drop these off. I have been distracted by other projects recently, but this ought to be a start for you.
Ter, how long have you been studying art? And how long for pixel art? it looks like you're probably one of the more educated artists around here

I joined BYOND in about 2001. I've taken a few art classes here and there, and learned to tattoo, and I do a lot of henna for locals in my area. I'm really best with vector art, when you get down to it.

I don't like to claim myself as a pixel artist. I'm not actually all that good, in my eyes. I just sort of mimic what I see, and occasionally, the stars align and I pump out something nice.

My real skill lies in programming, I think. --I just have had some horrid writer's block these last few years. As for how long I've been at it... I've been doing it for almost 16 years now. I only started really understanding what I was doing about a year and a half ago.

And thanks for the suggestion on the color of that palm tree. I totally agree, looking at it a few hours later.