I think everything is great. Even if some of the stats on the character screen are too small.
Zane444 wrote:
Constructive criticism not biased opinions please. Meaning point out what exactly don't you like about it. Id really appreciate it.

The inventory one looks bad. The burned edges are too square and don't look real.

Character stat screen is way to small. Pretty much it.
Enzuigiri wrote:
Zane444 wrote:
Constructive criticism not biased opinions please. Meaning point out what exactly don't you like about it. Id really appreciate it.

The inventory one looks bad. The burned edges are too square and don't look real.

Character stat screen is way to small. Pretty much it.

Ah okay,well i was confused seeing as its the same style as the other windows, The inventory is still a WIP more or less.
The inventory looks torn rather than burnt imo.
It's an extremely generic interface, you should try something new.

It looks nice nonetheless.
It is pretty generic. the heath + mana/spirit/whatever the hell you wanna call it. The inventory, just the way everything looks you can pick a random adventure MMO and get the same thing.
We're open to suggestions, but keep in mind there really is a limit on the things we can do and still keep the game running smooth (Regarding the things we display.)
You could always replace health bars with a red ring system. Like 007 games use or more recently Gears of war games use. Your screen gets redder the more damage you take until you die. Gears of war does it so you get the GoW cog the more damage you take the bigger and redder it gets.

I don't know how it would effect lag but its an idea.
Looking good. The exp bar at the bottom can be a little hard to see as it almost intersects the rip along the bottom of the paper.
How did you make your health and spirit bars so colourful and awesome?
Some of the input areas are a little bigger than others, I dislike this greatly. Deal with my OCD please. =P

Aside from that, it looks very nice.
@Enzuigiri:
we do have a set theme being colonial.i dont see how cogs or rings would suit that theme. Having the entire screen go red would only be a problem as i see it. Gears of war is a single player game whereas this is an multiplayer game. I want the interface to be neat and organized without taking up too much of the screen.

@Darke:
Its not an exp bar.it only shows the percentile amount of exp needed to gain a level.however i am going to resize everything so itll change :)

@moussiffer:
good color choice i guess :D

@El Wookie:
ill be refining everything pretty soon,so that issue should be fixed
Clock work cogs and gears would be a pretty colonial concept. Similar to something you would see in a pocket watch or a clockwork pistol. Might also be pretty cool graphic wise. I mean though, how did you get a coloured back ground in a bar on an interface? I didn't think bars could have backgrounds in interfaces, At least nothing I have tried so far has worked.
OH, with the built in bars byond has you cant do much.but if you pixel it and create the changes by hand(each percentile change) you'd be to make it work.You'd also have to create the background by hand.

Hm, I think ill give that a try
The name of the actual system is called a "Red Ring System" It doesn't actually mean red rings have to appear on your screen. Its only called that because 007 games where the first to use it and they used a red ring. Gears of wars uses a cog. You can use something else.
Still i don't want something that fills the entire screen. it just doesn't work in online games the way i see it.
I have seen it work in some online games. Unreal tournament used it. Of course there are 100s of different types of health HUDs you can use.

Assassin Creed Style
http://feedgrids.com/assets/images/posts/hud/ Assassins_Creed_2.jpg

Or you could even do the resident evil style which is my favorite. Though I don't know if it would work for this game.

Before resident evil 5. Resident evil didn't use HUDs for health at all. The more damage you took the more it showed on your character. You would start bleeding, limping, falling, then it would come to a point where you are literally dragging yourself then you die. It doesn't have to match that exactly but the general idea is letting the damage show on your character instead of using huds.
I think it looks awesome, best interface I've seen on BYOND
Page: 1 2