ID:119262

Resolved
The first frame of a flick was lasting too long for high-fps animations. While the first frame is usually slightly extended to deal with timing issues, this extension has been restored to 1 tick instead of 0.1s.
BYOND Version:491
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Whenever I flick something it makes the first frame of the animation I'm flicking last longer than usual, maybe about a quarter of a second longer, but its really noticable because lots of my animations have fast animation times.

My tick lag is tick_lag = 0.25

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Uh...
1.) Have some kind of animation that flicks at either 0.25 or 0.5 throughout the anim
2.) You'll notice that the first animation will last longer than the rest

Does the problem occur:

Every time? Or how often? All the time, every flicking animation
In other games? Can't tell in other online games, but on one of my older versions of my game, yes.
In other user accounts? Same problem
On other computers? Yes, same problem on another computer

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
It was fine last version, (490), before there was the change in how the ticks of animation work.

My tick lag is tick_lag = 0.25

Before, in v.490, when I wanted an animation to last 0.75 ticks, I made it 3 ticks.
But aside from that, the animations played fine.

But now, if I wanted an animation to last 0.75 ticks, I now have to change it to 0.75 ticks.
I guess before you couldnt have ticks that were decimals,
Thats fine and all, but with the update, the first frame lasts longer than usual.

Workarounds:
Have yet to find any.

I've tried to make the first frame really short, 0.01 ticks,
even so, it lasts the same time as it would with 0.25 ticks.

It doesn't seem to be noticable when I use a big number like 2 ticks,
but all of my animations are pretty short in each frame.

Can you post a simple demo that shows this problem in action?