ID:119624

BYOND Version:493
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 7.0.1
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Stand on object. Press close verb
press addGhost
Notice that you don't have ghost in your verbs
press open
Notice that you have ghost in your verbs.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
//stand on an obj
/mob/verb/close(var/obj/B)
if(src.loc == B.loc)
src.loc = B
/mob/verb/open(var/obj/B)
src.loc = B.loc
/mob/proc/ghost()
world << "You win."

/mob/verb/addGhost()
src.verbs += /mob/proc/ghost

Expected Results:
Being able to add a verb to a mob whilst the mob is in an object
Actual Results:
Not being able to add a verb to a mob whilst the mob is in an object
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Test client and SS13
In other user accounts? Every account
On other computers? All computer

When does the problem NOT occur? Unknown

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
No idea.

Workarounds: Teleporting the mob to an alternate location, adding the verb, and then spawn(2)
src.loc = obj // to get it back to the object

Your code snippet is incorrect; addGhost() isn't actually being called. Please update your report and retest with correct code.
My snippet is correct. addGhost() is a verb that a mob can use. Whilst ingame as a mob press close() when on top of an obj and then press addGhost() when you are inside the object.

Your verbs panel will not update unless if you relog or if you get out of the object.
I was able to verify this issue, but it looks like the fix isn't as simple as I'd like and probably needs more study. We have two methods of sending updates of map objects to the client: one if there is a map, another if there is no map. These are meant to work separately yet in this case they should be used together. Because I don't know if this breaks any assumptions on either end, I'll defer this for now.

Other workarounds for the problem should include showing the mob in client.screen or in a statpanel, which should update its Appearance.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Deferred'