Hey everyone, I'm here to talk about the new upcoming Naruto game I've had under works for a little over a year now.
It's called Naruto Shinobi Universe. I know what you're probably thinking, "oh god.. not another naruto rip", "god damnit, another naruto *****boy.", etc. But don't worry, this ones 99% original(the other 1% being placeholder art) and I'm working to bring all you Naruto fans what others don't usually give. Great art, presentation, accuracy, gameplay, and replayability.
At the moment I don't go to school(long story) and I'm stuck in a real ****ty part of the world so I've been working on the game for about 12 hours a day. I've been doing everything 100% by myself from the programming, down to the artwork.
One exception being the Graphics Guild that made me a pretty neat banner and are going to be making me title screens for NSU. Check em out when you get the chance, you'll be able to come out with a sweet new piece of GFX for the price of absolutely nothing. Pretty awesome guys if you ask me;)
So yeah enough talk, now showtime. Here's a few pictures of NSU. Alpha testing should be coming soon so look out:)
Login menu - Here's the login, I used to have a basic "Slot 1", "Slot 2", "Slot 3" thing going with "New", "Load" and "Delete" buttons on the title screen. Finally decided it bore me. So here's the new revamped login I came up with.
Impure world resurrection - this works about the same way as it does in the manga besides a few modifications for balance. Instead of just finding any DNA samples for the technique and having to sacrifice a host, I've decided you must kill someone, and they'll drop a DNA sample(only if you've learned Impure World), with that, you can then summon a copy of them that has the exact attributes as the player it derives from. You can summon up to 5 (if you manage to kill 5 players before getting killed yourself). There's even a medal for that, which I'll cover later on.
Uchiha's - Here's where I came to a stump. I carefully thought of a way of implementing Mangekyou Sharingan in a way that even when it's obtained(very rare odds) it won't be overpowered. So instead of the generic lock on Amaterasu, there are two types which both are avoidable, but very deadly if they aren't avoided. For Sasuke's, you drag the mouse around wherever you want to create an Amaterasu. The bad, every time you create a new one, a heavy toll is taken out of your chakra(this can be decreased depending on your Sharingan Mastery), and a smaller toll on your wounds(until you acquire eternal of course). For Itachi's, when you activate Amaterasu, you will be guiding this:
anyone caught in it will be burned by the dark flames of Amaterasu. This ones harder to land than Sasukes but has only one chakra drain and increase in wounds. Although it leaves you open for Attack.
In short - Sasuke's has a larger risk to the user yet better accuracy and allows for tactics. Itachi's has less of a risk yet leaves you open for attack and has less accuracy. I would talk about the normal Sharingan but I haven't gotten a chance to work on it since I first started this project a year ago. I'll be sure to give it some fair advantages.
And I've gotta run! Tell me what you guys think, and also drop by some suggestions, I'd love to hear some ideas. I'm pretty confident as a programmer so as long as it isn't something like "add 3d narto frog" and it interests me then I'll see what I could do:)
I'll probably be doing this every week or so get some feedback on newest additions and I'll probably get into detail with the games mechanics and features. What you've seen here is just a little preview, nothing too special. The rest is yet to come!
Also - I'm looking for a pixel artist as myself alone isn't enough and I'm a longshot away from amazing. If you're interested please page me on BYOND, add me on MSN(email@example.com), or send me an inbox on Facebook here. Been a one man team for FAR too long:/