ID:1201306

Was just curious how it was running in Wine, I don't have a Linux box with wine installed on me right now...
I tried it awhile ago, at least a few months back, and I couldn't get it to work. I believe that the new pager does everything through IE, so that's something to think about. I didn't really document my experience or anything, I just went straight to the latest stable build. Someone else should test it now and see if they can get it to work.
I forgot about this.

Yep, it works fine. I've of course generally had more luck with BYOND on Wine than anyone thanks to ... I dunno, Gentoo being surprisingly nice with Wine?

All seems to work either as well as before (in terms of Dream Maker, embedded icons in Dream Seeker etc), or better. Being HTML, the pager renders fine, and gecko does a good job with the alignment, possibly actually a better job than Windows IE does. Adverts work fine, are turned on/off fine etc.
Curious on how well DreamSeeker works, I might give it a shot later.
As well as it has in previous versions, basically.
Ah that's a shame, would be nice to have BYOND ported to Linux...
Well, you say that's a shame, but for me, DreamSeeker's usually worked fine on Wine. The main issues having been the graphical through-put is worse than Windows, but that's fairly normal of anything that's a non-major Windows title.
I'm trying to get the pager running on wine 1.4.1 and...
It doesn't seem to work out of the box.
I eliminated some of the errors by using winetricks, and i got to the point, where it starts up, but hangs, before showing the pager. SO what i did, is basically:

winetricks mfc42
winetricks wsh56

is there something else, you have configured for your wine setup?

EDIT: Would be helpfull to get the output of:
winetricks list-installed
Do you have gecko installed? Being predominantly browser based you'll need it.
Yes, i have teh gecko120 from winetricks installed, but that one didn't resolve anything, what worked out, was:

winetricks ie8

almost all warnings are gone, the only thing left is a warning about gnome keyring (which isnt't interesting for me)
and these blocking iocontrol Errors

http://pastebin.com/YZMP2B3H

Is there something the pager tries to access? not sure if this is related to the .Net packages or just some file permissions.